Why YOU want this position
Enverus has expanded its solutions in Power & Renewables with the addition of RatedPower. A high growth start up, RatedPower’s technology expands our portfolio of solutions in solar with its cloud-based software that automates and optimizes the feasibility study, analysis, design and engineering of solar power plants, and our geographical coverage internationally.
Enverus is the leading energy SaaS company delivering highly technical insights and predictive/prescriptive analytics that empower customers to make decisions that increase profit. Enverus’ innovative technologies drive production and investment strategies, enable best practices for energy and commodity trading and risk management, and reduce costs through automated processes across critical business functions. Enverus is a strategic partner to more than 6,000 customers in 50 countries.
We are looking for a full-time Algorithms and Software Engineer to join our RatedPower team working in Madrid or remote. This role offers the opportunity to join a rapidly growing company delivering industry-leading solutions. Be a part of the energy transition and join our growing team, creating intelligent connections across the energy value chain with a strategic focus on growing our offerings in Power & Renewables. Performance Objectives
Competitive Candidate Profile
- Write maintainable code, working in a professional agile software engineering environment (source control, shortened release cycles, continuous integration/deployment, etc.)
- Tackle soft computing problems (complex problems with incomplete and/or inexact information, finding an adequate solution in a reasonable execution time).
- Be part of a multi-disciplinary, collaborative team that works to ship phenomenal products.
- 1+ years of experience as a software developer.
- Experience working with Java and object-oriented programming.
- Experience working with relational databases like MySQL.
- Strong motivation to drive impact by making product improvements.
- Proactiveness, teamwork, and fast learning.
- English language working competence B2 (minimum), or C1 (ideal).
- Metaheuristics, fuzzy logic, soft computing.
- Graph theory, optimization, statistics.
- Code optimization, parallel programming.
- Version control (Git).
- Unit testing with Junit.