Principal Quantitative Analyst
Why YOU want this position
Enverus is the leading energy SaaS company delivering highly technical insights and predictive/prescriptive analytics that empower customers to make decisions that increase profit. Enverus’ innovative technologies drive production and investment strategies, enable best practices for energy and commodity trading and risk management, and reduce costs through automated processes across critical business functions. Enverus is a strategic partner to more than 6,000 customers in 50 countries.
We are currently seeking a Principal Quantitative Analyst to join our Data Science team. This role offers the opportunity to join a rapidly growing company delivering industry-leading solutions to customers in the world’s most dynamic and fastest-growing sector.
Enverus is seeking an experienced quantitative scientist with optimization modeling expertise, and with a successful track record of accurately solving high-level problems by using mathematical modeling, optimization, and statistical analysis. We pride ourselves on our high-quality work and we are meticulous about maintaining a high standard of accuracy across our services.
You will be supported by a strong technical team of engineers and will help build ambitious products for the power sector.
- Identify, define, design, and develop quantitative models that enhance existing or new services. Models are focused on the power markets.
- Work alongside software engineers to operationalize and maintain models.
- Proficient in optimization modeling languages and solvers (CPLEX). Knowledge of Pyomo would be a plus.
- Proficient in accessing large data sets using modern data lake solutions.
- Proficient in gathering, vetting, and analyzing data from various public and private sources.
- Working knowledge of scripting languages, preferably Python. Good knowledge of design patterns and experience deploying production grade code would be a plus.
Competitive Candidate Profile
- Knowledge of unit commitment & dispatch algorithms
- Experience leveraging DC power flow equations
- Bachelor’s degree in operations research, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Electrical Engineering or other related disciplines. Master’s/PhD degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in power markets focused work.
- Working knowledge of operations research theory including linear, nonlinear and integer programming.
- High energy level, high attention to detail, self-motivated and innovative.
- Works well in a team environment, focusing on collaboration and adapting to the needs of a diverse team.