Total Number of Openings
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of I&E Technician located in Richmond, CA through February 7th, 2024, at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
As an Instrumentation & Electrical (I&E) Technician at the America Products Business Unit in Chevron, you will play a crucial role in ensuring our lubricant plant's smooth and safe operation. You will be responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing instrumentation, electrical, and analyzer equipment across various plant areas, including packaging, warehousing, blending, and the tank field. Collaboration with fellow team members and other departments is essential to maintain the facility's safety, accuracy, and efficiency.Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Prioritize safety above all else in every task and strictly adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Troubleshoot, maintain, repair, calibrate, and install instrumentation, electrical, and analyzer equipment used in various parts of the lubricant plant (e.g., packaging, warehouse, blending, trucking, and lubricant storage tank field).
- Perform diagnosis and repair work on basic instrumentation and low-voltage systems. However, work may also include high-voltage installations and repairs.
- Read and interpret work orders, equipment manuals, and I&E drawings and blueprints to perform required preventative and corrective maintenance tasks and projects.
- Understand and follow company, industry, and government codes, practices, regulations, and standards and acquire and maintain all vital licenses and certificates pertinent to the role.
- Follow and complete internal and external training sessions as assigned by the supervisor and assist in training other crew members in I&E skills and tasks associated with the lubricant facility.
- Be prepared for on-call assignments, which may include overtime and off-hours work requests, demonstrating flexibility and reliability.
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Possesses a valid driver's license.
- Must have a 2-year technical certificate/degree with a minimum of 2 years of direct I&E experience or a minimum of 5 years of direct I&E experience with no technical degree/certificate.
- Understands basics of Operation, Instrumentation Diagrams, and electrical schematics.
- Be self-motivated, a self-starter, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with colleagues and management, fostering a positive work environment.
- Strictly adhere to the regular work schedule of Monday to Friday, 6:00 AM to 2:30 PM, ensuring timely arrival and full attendance.
- Be willing to work overtime, holidays, nights, and weekends (when needed).
- Must demonstrate a personal commitment to Incident and Injury Free Operations with a proven track record in Safety and Reliability. This is a safety-sensitive position.
- Journeyman Electrician Certification.
- Programmable Logic Controller Technical training
- Experience in troubleshooting equipment from 120-2400vac to 24vdc instrumentation, including field/hart communication/loop devices.
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Ability to work with Microsoft tools and applications (e.g., Words, PowerPoint, Teams, and Excel)
- Familiarity with software used in plant operations, like SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) systems.
As part of the application process, you will be required to take an assessment that measures aptitude and work styles. We recommend you allow approx. 45 minutes to complete the assessment in one sitting. If you need to exit, your progress will be saved.
You will be immediately directed to the testing portal upon submittal of your application, at which point you will have 72 hours (about 3 days) to complete the online assessment.
Once complete, your assessment score will be valid for 180 days. Should you re-apply for another Job Requisition within this timeframe that includes the Maintenance Assessment,
you will be required to complete the application process and then click on the assessment link. This will resubmit your previous results.Relocation Options:
Relocation benefits will be
considered within Chevron parameters.International Considerations
Expatriate assignments will not
be considered.Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions
Regulatory Disclosure For US Positions
- The compensation and reference to benefits for this role is listed on this posting in compliance with applicable law. Please note that the compensation and benefits listed below are only applicable for U.S. payroll offers.
- The anticipated hourly wage for this position is $50.44 USD.
- Chevron offers competitive compensation and benefits programs which includes, but is not limited to, variable pay, health care coverage, retirement plan, protection coverage, time off and leave programs, training and development opportunities and a range of allowances connected to specific work situations. Details are available at http://hr2.chevron.com/.
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, reproductive health decision-making, military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at email@example.com.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.