Responsible for keeping the assigned vessel staff well fed and for the provision of hotel services as required.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position through March 12th, 2024
at 11:59p.m. ([Pacific Standard Time]).
Chevron Corporation is one of the world’s leading energy companies. Headquartered in San Ramon, California, and conducting business in approximately 180 countries, the company is engaged in every aspect of the oil and natural gas industry, including exploration and production; refining, marketing, and transportation; chemicals manufacturing and sales; and power generation.
Chevron USA - Marine is accepting online applications for the position of Cook located on one of their US Flag fleet of vessels.
The Sailors’ Union of the Pacific represents all unlicensed personnel employed on the Company’s US Flag seagoing vessels.
You must hold a current USCG Merchant Mariner Document, Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC), valid passport, USCG/STCW Medical Certificate, Basic Training an VPDSD endorsement.
The general guideline for vessel assignment length is 90 days for unlicensed personnel. Vacation will accrue at 25 days for each 30 days of work.Pre-employment Screening Consists Of
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to
- Background check
- Drug Screen Tests: DOT urine & hair screen test
- Physical examination
- Assist in all aspects of meal and food preparations, maintenance of salad bars, caring for and stocking of the mess rooms, assisting with meal service, washing, and stowing of dishes and helping preserve a high level of sanitation in all steward department areas.
- Must have knowledge in general culinary preparations such as: making composed salads, cooking vegetables and starches, basic baking skills, snack preparation and sandwich making. Must be able to accomplish these tasks with little supervision while upholding to high food sanitation and safety standards.
- Must be able to understand and follow a recipe and have some knowledge of basic nutrition, raw ingredients, and preparation techniques.
- Assist and contribute to menu planning and recipe development
- Assists in receiving and organization of stores, cleaning and maintaining the galley and associated spaces.
- Must be able to prepare meals in the event the Steward is temporarily unable to attend to his/her duties.
Teamwork/Working With Others
- Participate in drills, emergency procedures and help guard the safe working practices of the vessel.
- Active and positive participant in monthly safety meeting.
- Points out unsafe acts or conditions to everyone on board.
- Stops work if unsafe conditions or practices are uncovered.
- Able to participate in an Emergency Response team.
Required (Basic) Qualifications
- Effective in relating to others
- Willing to assist others.
- Works well under pressure.
- Maintains an appropriate demeanor and appearance.
- Current USCG Merchant Mariner Documents with Food Handling and VPDSD endorsements
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
- Basic Safety Training Certificates
- ServSafe Food Handler Certification within six months of hiring
- Good communication skills
- Relevant experience and/or training in basic food service (non-fast food)
Relocation will not
be considered.International Considerations
Expatriate assignments will not be
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.Important Information
Regulatory Disclosure For US Positions
- The compensation for this role is listed on this posting in compliance with applicable law. The selected candidate’s compensation will be determined based on his or her skills, experience, and qualifications. Please note that the compensation listed below are only applicable to successful candidates who are hired onto local United States payroll.
- The anticipated hourly rate for this position is $24.1.
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, reproductive health decision-making, military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.