Chevron Corporation is one of the world’s leading energy companies. Headquartered in San Ramon, California, and conducting business in approximately 180 countries, the company is engaged in every aspect of the oil and natural gas industry, including exploration and production; refining, marketing, and transportation; chemicals manufacturing and sales; and power generation.
Chevron Products Company is accepting online applications for the position of Refinery Experienced Electrical Maintenance Mechanic located in the Richmond, California Refinery through December 11th, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. (PST)
A Refinery Experienced Electrician will perform a variety of maintenance, repair, and construction types of work in the field and shop settings of the refinery, requiring journey-level skill. Qualified successful candidates will perform duties such as the troubleshooting and repair of control and power systems, which can range from 120V to 115KV. The Electrician will also utilize a variety of test equipment. This position works with other Maintenance crafts, Reliability, Operations, and Technical groups daily. As a 24/7 operating refinery, working overtime, weekends, holidays, and shift work is required.Job Responsibilities May Include But Are Not Limited To
- Electricians are responsible for the proper performance of work within reasonable time limits and in accordance with established procedures, regulations, safe practices, and all applicable codes.
- Works in Process Plant and Electric Shop environments.
- Performs troubleshooting, preventive, predictive, and corrective maintenance activities.
- Disassembles, removes, assembles, and installs equipment as required.
- Maintains and repairs control systems and equipment, which can include both analog and digital devices.
- Maintains and repairs power systems, and works on equipment such as motors, transformers, reactors, relays, and draw-out breakers/starters.
- Ability to safely and effectively utilize hand, power, and precision tools. Makes necessary craft computations and uses a computer.
- Ability to read blueprint drawings, schematic, logic, and one-line diagrams.
- Must be able to take initiative and work independently. Has the ability to plan and organize own work.
- Responsible for estimating labor and materials and for the safe and economic use of resources.
- Looks for and acts on opportunities to increase efficiency and reduce costs.
- Ability to display a comprehensive understanding of refinery policies and procedures.
- Ability to grasp complex issues and apply good problem-solving skills to develop recommendations/solutions.
- Build positive working relationships with operators and other crafts, both internally and externally to Chevron.
This job is a Safety Sensitive Position and is subject to Random Drug/Alcohol testing in addition to pre-employment background checks.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Journey-Level Electrician – Must be able to provide proof through State and/or Trade Certification.
- Knowledge and demonstrated proficiency using Electrical Test Equipment (such as multi-meter, megger meter, etc.).
- Knowledge and demonstrated proficiency using trade-specific pneumatic tools such as conduit benders, crimpers, and pullers.
Testings & Assessments
- 3+ years of refining or petrochemical experience.
- 5+ years working as a Journey-Level Electrician or Lineman.
- Protective relay certification.
- Power Circuit Breaker certification.
- Electrical Technology certification.
- Lineman experience
If selected to participate in the Pre-employment testing process with Chevron, you will be required to take the following battery of STANG timed tests:
- Craft Specific Aptitude Assessment Measures the ability to read, understand, and use information in graphs, charts, tables, and written passages to solve problems and apply general craft knowledge and principles to understand and implement solutions to various situations.
- Hands-on Skill Assessment Measures the demonstrated abilities and knowledge of the Electrical fundamentals.
Chevron's tests are focused on industrial aptitudes. Candidates should focus on their abilities, reading comprehension, understanding information in tables and graphs, and understanding industrial math.
As part of the application process, you will be required to take an assessment that measures aptitude and work styles. We recommend you allow approx. 45 minutes to complete the assessment in one sitting. If you need to exit, your progress will be saved.
You will be immediately directed to the testing portal upon submittal of your application, at which point you will have 72 hours (about 3 days) to complete the online assessment.
Once complete, your assessment score will be valid for 180 days. Should you re-apply for another Job Requisition within this timeframe that includes the Maintenance Assessment,
you will be required to complete the application process and then click on the assessment link. This will resubmit your previous results.Relocation Options:
Relocation may be considered within Chevron's parameters.International Considerations
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions
Regulatory Disclosure For US Positions
- The compensation and reference to benefits for this role is listed on this posting in compliance with applicable law. Please note that the compensation and benefits listed below are only applicable for U.S. payroll offers.
- The anticipated hourly wage for this position is $51.29. The selected candidate’s compensation will be determined based on their skills, experience, and qualifications.
- Chevron offers competitive compensation and benefits programs which includes, but is not limited to, variable pay, health care coverage, retirement plan, protection coverage, time off and leave programs, training and development opportunities and a range of allowances connected to specific work situations. Details are available at http://hr2.chevron.com/.
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, reproductive health decision-making, military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at email@example.com.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.