Chevron is accepting online applications for the position through December 1st, 2023,
at 11:59 p.m.
Relief System Process Engineer role in the Richmond Refinery Process Engineering Department. This role plays an important role in providing technical expertise to maintain an industry leading position in safe, reliable and profitable operation of Richmond Refinery. This role is responsible for evaluations of all overpressure protection systems in the Refinery and reports within the technical organization.Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Utilizing analytical tools such as Pro II, and iPRSMS PSPPM to analyze plant operation and overpressure scenarios.
- Ensuring that appropriate and accurate information is maintained in database used to store relief valve calculations, such as iPRSM.
- Performing Management of Change (MOC) evaluations for changes that impact relief protection.
- Providing technical support to the refinery regarding day-to-day pressure relief device (PRD) maintenance activities, PRD Non-Conformance investigations, PHA HAZOP studies, as well as other non-relief related projects the divisions may be working on.
- Works with the Projects group to develop mitigation plans and facilitate the implementation of those mitigations to address relief deficiencies.
- Drives alternative selection and scoping for all relief mitigation projects conducted and acts as point of contact for any contractors that maybe involved as part of that work.
This is a 2-year minimum assignment.Required Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering or equivalent degree
- A minimum of 2 years of related engineering experience in the chemical, petrochemical, refining, oil and gas or power industries
- Proven ability to handle multiple activities simultaneously.
- An aptitude for good cross-functional communication, displaying technical competence, being proactive, and delivering results.
- A minimum of 3 years of process engineering experience in a complex facility within the chemical, petrochemical, refining, oil and gas or power industries
- Awareness of relief systems design
- Demonstrates basic ability to leverage process monitoring tools and process modeling software (e.g. PI, Spotfire, Seeq, ProII, Aspen, etc.)
- Demonstrates role model behavior supporting Chevron values including diversity, leadership, teamwork, customer focus and personal and process safety.
- Recognized as a self-started, exhibiting strong ownership of assigned tasks.
- An aptitude for practical application of the chemical engineering fundamentals of mass transfer/distillation, heat transfer, fluid dynamics, process control and kinetics
- Familiarity with key API relief standards (e.g. API 520, 521, 2000, etc.)
- Awareness of Process Safety Management concepts and principles such as Process Hazard Analysis (PHA), Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA), Alarm Objective Analysis (AOA), Integrity Operating Windows (IOW), etc.)
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions
Regulatory Disclosure For US Positions
- The compensation and reference to benefits for this role is listed on this posting in compliance with applicable law. Please note that the compensation and benefits listed below are only applicable for U.S. payroll offers.
- The anticipated salary range for this position is $112,200 – $221,900. The selected candidate’s compensation will be determined based on their skills, experience, and qualifications.
- Chevron offers competitive compensation and benefits programs which includes, but is not limited to, variable pay, health care coverage, retirement plan, protection coverage, time off and leave programs, training and development opportunities and a range of allowances connected to specific work situations. Details are available at http://hr2.chevron.com/.
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, reproductive health decision-making, military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at email@example.com.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.