- Job ID- 26620
- Country- Norway
- Location(s)- Bergen, Stavanger, Stjørdal, Harstad, Trondheim
- Company- Equinor ASA
- Contact Name- email@example.com
- Workplace- Onshore
- Discipline- Drilling & Well
- Education Preferred- Bachelor or Master's degree
- Experience Preferred- Less than 2 years
- Closing Date- Nov 13 2023
As a summer intern at Equinor, you will join 22,000 colleagues delivering oil, gas, wind, and solar power to 170 million people worldwide. By 2050, we aim to become a net-zero company and provide the energy the world needs without contributing to global warming. It is one of the defining challenges of our time, and attracting and developing the brightest minds will be critical to our success.The position
Our summer internship is a 6-week programme designed to provide the experience and skills you need in your studies and future career. Our Norwegian and UK internship will begin on 17 June and ends on 02 August 2024, with one week off starting 15 July.
You can find out more about the programme at www.equinor.com/careers/summer-interns
The Drilling and Well network in Equinor has more than 1200 employees. ¨
We have worldwide corporate responsibility for drilling and well activities, and we are currently running approximately 40 daily operations from platforms, rigs and vessels. Each year the drilling and well network is responsible for drilling ~120 wells and performing more than 350 intervention operations.
Fields within the discipline-
- Well Intervention
- Well Integrity
- Subsea technology
By joining our Drilling and Well team, you will have the opportunity to work on multiple tasks within the discipline, as well as gain insight into how it is to work for Equinor. Work tasks may vary according to your competence profile, assignment and business needs. You
Some qualities are essential for Equinor. You identify with our values, open, collaborative, courageous and caring, which guide our decisions and help us succeed and grow. You make safety your priority and contribute to our zero-harm culture. For this position, we are also looking for-
- Currently studying for Bachelor’s, Master’s degree, or Ph.D. with a strong academic record within Petroleum Technology, Geoscience and Georesources Petroleum & Reservoir Engineer, Subsea Technology, Marin and Offshore Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Cybernetics, Data Science, Industrial Economics or other relevant engineering degrees.
- Fluent in English and preferably a second working language.
- No more than two years of relevant full-time work experience.
- Have completed at least two years of higher education before the internship programme starts (17 June 2024).
- Have at least one year of higher education left after the internship programme ends (02 August 2024).
- The interns need to be located in the country where the internship takes place during its entire duration. Equinor does not support any relocation for our summer interns.
- Candidates must have the necessary work permit for the country in which they are applying for a position. The work permits must be valid at the point of application and for the duration of the employment. Please note that Equinor does not support, or sponsor work or visa permits for internship applications. Read more about it on the national authorities’ pages-
- Extracurricular activities and/or voluntary work are an advantage.
Every role and business area requires its own specific set of skills and personal attributes. Some of the qualities and characteristics we look for include-
- An awareness of risk and a commitment to safety for yourself and those around you.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to facilitate collaboration, influence stakeholders, and contribute to a diverse and inclusive culture.
- The flexibility to adapt to change, embrace new technology, and perform in a digitally enabled environment.
- Demonstrating a curious mind and the ability to problem-solve, innovate, and identify new ways of delivering against our objectives.
Equinor is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all candidates who meet the educational and experience requirements, including those with disabilities. If you have any specific requirements for any stage in our process, please make this clear in your application, and our team will be happy to support you.General information
Please make sure that when applying, you attach the following-
- CV/ resume in English
- transcripts of records (or other documents describing subjects and grades) in English or Scandinavian language obtained to this point during your studies. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript.
Applications submitted without these attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated. To ensure an efficient recruitment process, please be informed that you may apply for a maximum of 3 Summer Internship roles per country.
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process. Candidates will be asked for information on affiliation to high-risk countries for a security assessment. Furthermore, background checks are performed on all final candidates and all permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law.Why join us?
The summer internship is an opportunity for you to get to know Equinor, our people and culture, and the way we work. You will work on various tasks and projects that will provide value for you and Equinor. You can also expect-Hands-on experience
You will spend roughly 80% of your internship working on tasks and projects within the discipline you have applied for, giving you first-hand experience of your team's strategy, processes, and culture. Interns will spend the remaining 20% on learning experiences and a group project.Learning and development
You will join a series of learning sessions that provide an overview of our business and introduce you to some of the processes we use at Equinor. These will include introductions to key areas of our strategy and learning opportunities covering various professional skills that will help you in your future career.Multi-disciplinary project
You will work on a group project with other interns from various academic backgrounds, guided and supported by an experienced employee. Over the course of this project, you will develop critical skills such as collaboration, leadership, communication, presentation, planning, and time management.A balanced and rewarding work culture
Our interns have the same opportunities to work flexibly as the rest of our employees, allowing you to balance work with the things that matter away from the office. We also recognize that your internship is an opportunity to build lifelong relationships and networks. We encourage all our interns to take advantage of this.
For more information, visit Equinor's website www.equinor.com/careers/summer-interns