Production & OperationsJob Family Group:
Engineering GroupJob Summary:
As a Rotating Equipment Engineer, you will be a member of the Cherry Point Technical Team and supports the delivery of cost-effective, safe, environmentally sound, and reliable unit operations. You will use innovative technologies in the monitoring, evaluation, maintenance, repair, selection, and upgrading of equipment to maximize unit availability and performance!
This role will work with other engineering, maintenance, and operations personnel, as well as industry experts, in both project and day-to-day support roles.Job Description:
Provides technical support, mentorship, direction, and leadership for reliability issues involving rotating equipment (centrifugal and positive displacement pumps, centrifugal compressors, reciprocating compressors, gears, couplings, steam turbines, etc).
- Defines the scope of rotating equipment repairs and upgrades.
- Assists in the development, procurement, planning and execution of turnaround scope.
- Provides technical review and recommendations on life cycle management of rotating equipment including inspection, maintenance, repair, re-rate and replacement plans.
- Leads and/or participates in root cause analysis of rotating equipment failures.
- Identifies and implements reliability improvement strategies, practices, and projects.
- Provides short-term, hands-on troubleshooting and maintenance of rotating equipment and related equipment problems.
- Provides technical guidance in determining priority of equipment repairs by the area asset team.
- Analyzes equipment monitoring data and develops appropriate response to rotating equipment reliability problems.
- Works independently to carry out complex activities, and can provide leadership in asset team settings.
- Creates and stores engineering calculations for future work scope development and history preservation.
- Maintains technical competency in troubleshooting rotating equipment systems, asset upgrade and PM/PdM techniques.
Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering.
- Minimum of 7 years of plant maintenance, reliability, or relevant engineering experience required.
- Technical competency in performance monitoring and troubleshooting rotating equipment systems.
- Experience with selection of new equipment and upgrades to existing equipment.
- Must have strong computer skills including MS Software and ability to utilize spreadsheets and databases.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills with technical, management, craft and operators are required.
- Currently holds a TWIC or eligible for TWIC.
Desirable Criteria and Qualifications:
Specific knowledge and experience with API rotating equipment (pumps, compressors, steam turbines, gearboxes, couplings, fans, etc) is required.
- Understands and has working knowledge in preventive and predictive maintenance programs. (oil analysis, vibration monitoring, compressor performance monitoring, etc.)
- Understanding of API 686 RP for Machinery Installation and Installation Design
- Turnaround maintenance experience
- Vibration analysis certification ISO category 2
- Bently Nevada System 1 diagnostics.
How much do we pay (Base)? $113,000 - $201,000 *Note that the pay range listed for this position is a genuinely expected and reasonable estimate of the range of possible base compensation at the time of posting.
This position offers paid vacation depending on your years of relevant industry experience and will range from 120 – 240 hours of vacation per year for full times employees (60 - 240 hours of vacation per year for part time employees). You will also be eligible for 9 paid holidays per year and 2 personal choice holidays. You may learn more about how we calculate paid vacation and view our generous vacation and holiday schedules at benefits@bp. Bp has a parental leave policy as well, which offers up to 8 weeks’ paid leave for the birth or adoption of a child. Learn more at benefits@bp.
We offer a reward package to enable your work to fit with your life. These offerings include a discretionary annual bonus program, long-term incentive program, and generous retirement benefits that include a 401k matching program. These benefits may include a pension for eligible employees. You may learn more about our generous benefits at benefits@bp.
As part of bp’s wellbeing package, bp offers access to health, vision, and dental insurance, as well as life and Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability. You may learn more about our generous benefits at benefits@bp.Travel Requirement
Up to 10% travel should be expected with this roleRelocation Assistance:
Relocation may be negotiable for this roleRemote Type:
This position is not available for remote workingSkills:
Anomaly assessment and management, Defect Elimination, Equipment criticality assessment, Equipment maintenance and inspection strategies, FAT and commissioning, Fatigue Analysis, Fitness for Service, Flanged joint, Integrity Management, Mechanical seals and support systems, Monitoring and data interpretation, Piping, hoses and tubing, Piping vibration, Pressure systems regulatory requirements, Pressure Vessels, Selection and design of pipeline equipment, Stress analysis for integrity and leakage, Valves used for isolation, Wind TurbinesLegal Disclaimer:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, socioeconomic status, neurodiversity/neurocognitive functioning, veteran status or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation related to bp’s recruiting process (e.g., accessing the job application, completing required assessments, participating in telephone screenings or interviews, etc.). If you would like to request an accommodation related to the recruitment process, please contact us to request accommodations.
If you are selected for a position and depending upon your role, your employment may be contingent upon adherence to local policy. This may include pre-placement drug screening, medical review of physical fitness for the role, and background checks.