4.5 hrs daily / 10 months, (10:00am-2:30pm)Benefits
Holidays; Vacation; & Sick Leave; Retirement; (eligible to participate in Medical, Dental and Vision at own cost-reduced rates.)Basic Function
Under general supervision of Food Service Manager, prepare, set up, serve, and sell food or beverages in a school cafeteria and snack facility; maintain food service facilities and equipment in neat, safe and sanitary condition.Distinguishing Characteristics
Food Service Assistant I (entry level): Under direct supervision, perform varied, repetitious work according to established procedures. Under supervision of a more skilled worker, perform some duties of a skilled function, such as cooking or baking. Receive and account for money.Job Requirements-qualifications
- Basic methods of preparing and serving food in large quantities.
- Standard food service appliances and equipment,
- Cafeteria sanitation and safe working methods and procedures.
- Basic kitchen utensils/equipment and their proper use.
- Internal Applicants MUST attach a Letter of Interest/Cover Letter and Resume to application. Applicants who do not submit the required documents will not be considered for interview.
The Board of Trustees desires to provide a positive work environment where employees and job applicants are free from harassment and are assured of equal access and opportunities in accordance with law. The Board prohibits any District employee from harassing or discriminating against any other District employee or job applicant on the basis of the person's actual or perceived race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sex, or sexual orientation. (BP 4030)