At FreeWire, we fundamentally change the way businesses and utilities electrify. We build battery-based energy storage systems that provide clean and quiet power anywhere it’s needed, reducing the cost and accelerating deployment of electric vehicle charging infrastructure. FreeWire’s solutions are evolving from providing ultrafast EV charging services to a full suite of energy services to accelerate sustainable electrification and provide resiliency to customers and a distributed power source to utilities. FreeWire has secured major strategic investors from Fortune 100 companies and serves leading corporate, utility, and retail customers.
Feedback on the Boost Charger, FreeWire’s DC fast charger, has been overwhelmingly positive as we electrify locations that would have been too expensive to power on using conventional charging solutions. Utilities are releasing RFPs with requests for battery-backed solutions, their regulatory teams are including our technology as eligible for incentives, and they are seeking cost-effective solutions as they electrify their fleets and provide utility-owned charging solutions for the public.
FreeWire has deployed battery-integrated chargers with Fortune 100 companies, commercial customers, fleets, retail locations, and gas stations. In addition to its partnership with bp pulse, FreeWire and am/pm, a bp subsidiary and convenience store chain with over 1,000 locations, have already deployed multiple public charging stations in the U.S. FreeWire’s regulatory affairs and policy team keeps customers up to date on federal, state, and utility incentive opportunities, which in some cases cover up to 80% of the cost of the charging station, and the company recently announced that the Boost Charger is Buy America compliant. Learn more at www.freewiretech.com and follow us @FreeWireTech.
Director of Construction and Installation Services
Hybrid Location: Oakland, Newark, Remote
The Director of Construction and Installation Services will provide leadership and oversight of construction and installation of ultrafast EV charging and energy management solutions for FreeWire customers. This department leadership role ensures the on-time completion of customer site development projects by implementing processes and best practices around data-driven systems to schedule, coordinate, and sequence design, engineering, construction, and commissioning activities across internal and external resources. The individual will recruit and onboard strategic service partners in Design and Construction to deliver world-class site development and installation services to FreeWire customers, deploying the right partners at the right time. The individual will provide technical guidance to ensure site constructability, quality, and safe operations collaborating internally and externally to resolve issues timely and achieve on-time project completion within budget.
Additionally, the individual will collaborate with cross-functional teams, including engineering, operations, and finance, to ensure seamless project execution and successful implementation.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Build an effective Deployment Project Management team and provide direction to help them achieve goals and operate cooperatively and cohesively.
- Establish strategic service partnerships and the enablement, governance, and support for FreeWire service delivery standards
- Evaluate, manage, and oversee the evaluation, development, and construction of FreeWire customer projects, providing support for on-time project completion within budget
- Act as an effective owner liaison with internal resources, consultants, utility officials, and governmental agencies
- Maintain effective project pipeline and productivity metrics communication and documentation in collaboration with company leadership and internal department management
- Deploy data-driven systems for monitoring and recognizing potential issues proactively and implement timely action plans to resolve conflicts with minimal interruption to schedules or project cost impacts
- Receive, inspect, and approve all progress reports, costs, payment schedules, and all reports of the project team
- Ensure maintenance of complete project records, including contract, change order files, project reports, schedules, budget/cost reports, contractor/subcontractor information, plans, specifications and other logs, milestone inspections, and field reports
- Provide support to achieve project completion effectively, acceptance, and turnover to internal operations on time, including final review and approval of all invoices/payment requests - ensuring all payments are within contracted/budgeted accounts and that work has been performed to established standards
- Monitor construction market conditions and maintain historical data on materials, and general contractor/subcontractor construction cost
- Continually investigate and research new means of construction, new products, and building materials to ensure we lead the industry in delivering the highest quality product for the most economical cost
- Establish standardized designs and specifications for new programs, technology selection, and regional requirements
What You’ll Bring
- General Contractors license and experience with California construction requirements
- Management and team development experience of a distributed, high-performing team in construction, renewables, utility, power systems, or hardware-related service delivery
- Clear, articulate, and compelling written and speaking skills demonstrate your ability to interact with all levels and connect well with others.
- Organized, Efficient, and Accountable. You have a keen eye for detail and pride yourself on delivering quality work. You are in tune with changing business priorities and operate flexibly to re-prioritize to meet deadlines consistently.
- You have a sense of urgency to drive great results, are precise with executing your work, and have successfully demonstrated your ability to influence others effectively.
- Strong quantitative skills and the expertise to analyze and decipher data trends to create actionable insights.
- Solution-oriented team player. You enjoy partnering with others, internal or external, to get work done and deliver results. You like thinking outside the box to devise smart solutions to new challenges while uniting with teammates to follow through on commitments.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Construction Management, or related field (or equivalent work experience)
- Proven track record of at least 5 years in electrical design, construction, and project management, ideally with a focus on EV infrastructure
- 15 years minimum experience, 5 years management level experience hiring and mentoring a diverse and distributed team in Utilities, Renewables, Power System Engineering
- Knowledge of NEC and Building Codes, and ADA requirements
- Working knowledge of Enterprise CRM, Project Management, and business application systems
- Strong organizational, interpersonal communication, and management skills
- Highly motivated self-starter, friendly personality, and good team player
- Prior startup experience managing upstart activities across solution and service design, go-to-market strategy, enablement, and delivery
- Travel Estimate: 30% overnight plus 30-40% day-travel in the field
FreeWire Offers Competitive Benefits, Including
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Dog Friendly
We provide compensation packages that include base pay, benefits, and equity, and it is not typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role. Actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including location, skills, and experience level.
At FreeWire Technologies, we offer fair and equal opportunities to all our candidates and team members regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, disability status, parental status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. FreeWire Technologies believes in hiring individuals only based on their qualifications and experiences that meet our business requirements to fill the positions.
Compensation: From $155,000.00 to $185,000.00 per year