- World’s largest independent upstream oil and gas business
- SPIRIT values - Safety People Integrity Responsibility Innovation Teamwork
- Operations in 13 countries
Welcome to ConocoPhillips, where innovation and excellence create a platform for opportunity and growth. Come realize your full potential here.Who We Are
We are one of the world’s largest independent exploration and production companies, based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. With operations and activities in 13 countries, we explore for, develop, and produce crude oil and natural gas globally. We are challenged with an important job to safely find and deliver energy to the world. Our employees are critical to our success, and with them we power civilization.
We’re grounded by our SPIRIT Values – safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation, and teamwork. These values position us to deliver strong performance in a dynamic business – but not at all costs. We believe it’s not just what we do – it’s how we do it – that sets us apart.
We strive to make a significant difference in the communities where we live and operate. We create an inclusive environment that values all voices and opinions. Together, the different backgrounds, experiences, ideas, and perspectives of our employees drive our success.Job Summary
The Land Administration (Land Admin) Geographical Information Systems (GIS) intern will be involved with and exposed to systems and processes that support creation of master data and information layers for the land function at ConocoPhillips. You will work with various GIS applications and toolsets including ArcGIS, SQL, FME, Python, ArcEnterprise web mapping, GIS legal description analysis/mapping, and working in the Quorum Land System. You will also gain a broad overview of how Land Administration works including overviews of the Lease & Title Analysts and Division Order Analyst Roles. Land Admin interns will participate in site wide internship activities such as field trips, weekly seminars, social activities, and opportunities to meet senior management. Your supervisor and your mentor will provide mentorship and guidance throughout your internship as well as periodic performance evaluations.
Your internship will culminate with a presentation crafted to showcase your knowledge of your work assignments and other elements of your internship experience.
Assignments will be at our site located in Bartlesville, Oklahoma. You may be eligible for the voluntary hybrid office work (HOW) program that is designed to provide employees with flexibility while maintaining the advantages of in-person engagement. Typical length of our internships varies from 10 to 14 weeks based on the project and your availability.Job Description
Land Administration Overview
Land Administration is an exciting, functionally unique group. We are comprised of three primary asset regions: Permian Business Unit and Gulf Coast & Rockies Business Unit. Each asset is unique and provides opportunity for growth in skills and experience. When working in the Land Admin GIS group, your daily activities can vary depending on projects, time sensitive deadlines, and additional responsibilities that may arise. This gives way to an interesting and challenging environment pushing individuals to excel in their performance.
Land Administration is a leveraged, multi-functional organization responsible for establishing, maintaining, and protecting the legal ownership of real property assets for ConocoPhillips. We provide distinct value to the company through analyzing legal documents such as oil and gas leases, contracts, title opinions, and conveyance documents to establish and maintain joint venture and revenue ownership. We also field owner inquiries regarding lease interpretations, ownership interest calculations, payments, and transfer of ownership. Additionally, we maintain lease acquisition cost, and create visual representation through use of spatial data for both surface and mineral ownership to facilitate business decisions.Responsibilities may include:
- Complete project or projects targeted to experience level, working with mentor and other Land Admin staff.
- Interpret and analyze Jeffersonian and Survey Abstract legal descriptions.
- Build/maintain master land record spatial data using Quorum QGIS/ArcMap.
- Use FME Data modeling and/or scripting to transform master data sets into informational business layers.
- Learn/support how we use web mapping technology as an information delivery tool for end users.
- Research spatial/nonspatial data issues and resolve inquiries for mapping and information requests.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer and/or education institution
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree or higher in Geography, Geographic Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field or foreign equivalent
- Current level in college: Freshman through Senior
- Expected graduation date: Fall 2024 through Spring/Fall 2027
- A minimum of ten (10) continuous weeks’ availability for internship
- A minimum cumulative and major GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Petroleum Land GIS Mapping experience
- Experience with ArcGIS or ESRI based products and land mapping tools
- Experience with any of the following Land Systems and Software; Quorum, Spotfire, FME, or Geocoretex
- Working knowledge of Oil & Gas leases and Exploration & Production agreements along with their associated provisions
- Ability to invite dialogue to gain a shared understanding and influences with confidence to drive performance and achieve business results
- Demonstrates taking ownership of actions and follows through on commitments by fearlessly dealing with important problems, holding others accountable and standing up for what is right
ConocoPhillips will conduct interviews at many universities in the U.S. during the Fall of 2023
. Please check with your university career services to find out if and when we will be visiting your campus. If ConocoPhillips is interviewing on your campus,
you must register with your career service office and complete your online application prior to the university deadlines to be considered for these interviews. If we are not making a visit to your campus and you are selected for an interview, our recruiters will contact you directly to schedule the interview.
To be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions, attaching your resume with transcripts, and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of December 31, 2023.
December 31, 2023Sponsorship:
ConocoPhillips’ sponsorship for employment authorization in the U.S. is NOT available for this position.EEO:
In the US, ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.