- World’s largest independent upstream oil and gas business
- SPIRIT values - Safety People Integrity Responsibility Innovation Teamwork
- Operations in 13 countries
Welcome to ConocoPhillips, where innovation and excellence create a platform for opportunity and growth. Come realize your full potential here.Who We Are
We are one of the world’s largest independent exploration and production companies, based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. With operations and activities in 13 countries, we explore for, develop, and produce crude oil and natural gas globally. We are challenged with an important job to safely find and deliver energy to the world. Our employees are critical to our success, and with them we power civilization.
We’re grounded by our SPIRIT Values – safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation, and teamwork. These values position us to deliver strong performance in a dynamic business – but not at all costs. We believe it’s not just what we do – it’s how we do it – that sets us apart.
We strive to make a significant difference in the communities where we live and operate. We create an inclusive environment that values all voices and opinions. Together, the different backgrounds, experiences, ideas, and perspectives of our employees drive our success.Job Summary
The MBA Development Program Internship is a 10-week summer internship program designed to provide participants with exposure to key strategic functions within the company and develop talented MBA students with the skillsets necessary to compete for future Finance positions at ConocoPhillips. The program is project-based with an exciting job assignment, a strategic high-impact project, teambuilding and learning opportunities, as well as the opportunity to network with peers and company leaders. Participants are highly visible to senior leadership and have the opportunity for broad exposure to both Corporate and Business Unit Functions. Potential summer placements include Investment Appraisal, Strategy & Portfolio Management, Acquisitions & Divestitures, Treasury, Low Carbon Technologies, and the Lower 48 Finance Organization.
All MBA Development Program internship roles will be located in Houston, Texas. Specific job description and responsibilities will vary depending on the assignment. Upon successful completion of the MBA Development Program internship, participants will gain valuable experiences and new skills that can be applied throughout the rest of their career as well as enable them with the opportunity to compete for full-time placement in the ConocoPhillips MBA Development Program upon graduation.Job Description
Responsibilities may include:
- Assisting in corporate strategy framing and evaluation
- Performing economic evaluation and risk analysis for proposed projects
- Analyzing financing options for capital projects
- Assisting in managing and analyzing debt / equity capital market activities
- Assisting in evaluating acquisition and disposition opportunities
- Assisting in preparing budgets, forecasts and profit objective
- Developing economic and business models
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer and/or education institution
- Pursuing an MBA degree with a preferred focus on Finance
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Chemical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other related engineering, technology, or business discipline or foreign equivalent
- Expected graduation date: 2025
- Minimum cumulative MBA GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Minimum cumulative Undergraduate GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Strong economic and financial analysis skills with modeling capabilities
- Previous internships, job experience, or co-ops in an energy related field
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Develops strong relationships based on trust and seeks opportunities to collaborate across the matrix/organizational boundaries to achieve business goals
- Demonstrates taking ownership of actions and follows through on commitments by courageously dealing with important problems, holding others accountable and standing up for what is right
- Demonstrates an understanding of how key financial and quantitative indicators impact the business
- Demonstrates ability to use innovative tools and/or thinking to solve problems or improve processes
- Ability to communicate effectively in an inclusive manner with others regardless of their level, culture or role in the organization
- Develops realistic plans needed to accomplish objectives and team goals
- Demonstrates decision making ability to generate effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical
- Adaptability to respond resourcefully, flexibly, and positively when faced with new challenges and demands
ConocoPhillips will conduct interviews at many universities in the U.S. during the Fall of 2023
. Please check with your university career services to find out if and when we will be visiting your campus. If ConocoPhillips is interviewing on your campus,
you must register with your career service office and complete your online application prior to the university deadlines to be considered for these interviews. If we are not making a visit to your campus and you are selected for an interview, our recruiters will contact you directly to schedule the interview.
To be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions, attaching your resume with transcripts, and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of January 31, 2024.
January 31, 2024Sponsorship:
ConocoPhillips’ sponsorship for employment authorization in the U.S. is NOT available for this position.EEO:
In the US, ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.