- World’s largest independent upstream oil and gas business
- SPIRIT values - Safety People Integrity Responsibility Innovation Teamwork
- Operations in 13 countries
Welcome to ConocoPhillips, where innovation and excellence create a platform for opportunity and growth. Come realize your full potential here.Who We Are
We are one of the world’s largest independent exploration and production companies, based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. With operations and activities in 13 countries, we explore for, develop, and produce crude oil and natural gas globally. We are challenged with an important job to safely find and deliver energy to the world. Our employees are critical to our success, and with them we power civilization.
We’re grounded by our SPIRIT Values – safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation, and teamwork. These values position us to deliver strong performance in a dynamic business – but not at all costs. We believe it’s not just what we do – it’s how we do it – that sets us apart.
We strive to make a significant difference in the communities where we live and operate. We create an inclusive environment that values all voices and opinions. Together, the different backgrounds, experiences, ideas, and perspectives of our employees drive our success.Job Summary
Assist Land Asset Teams in: digitizing GIS spatial elements, generating and plotting Land maps, monitoring, maintaining and manipulating Land spatial databases, assist with maintaining mapping standards, training the Land staff in GIS theory and ArcMap and ArcServer functionality, research and analysis of GIS data affecting the L48 Land groups, gathering and displaying appropriate 3rd party data and spatial elements in our mapping systems.
Assignments will typically be at our sites located in Houston, TX, Midland, TX or Bartlesville, OK.Job Description
Responsibilities may include:
- Generate, revise and update maps to assist Land efforts using ArcMap and WebMap mapping tools
- Keep current on mapping applications, technology and data availability to support Land needs
- Incorporate 3rd party data, as needed, into company owned databases for mapping purposes
- Assist with setting and maintaining standards for mapping in Land Group
- Manipulate and refine spatial databases for Land analysis
- Mentor and teach mapping skills to the Land staff
- Determine and implement appropriate projection for asset projects
- Manage shape files to ensure COP processes are followed
- Participate in the Land Mapping Users Group
- Research data issues and resolve inquires for mapping and information requests
- Provide functional excellence guidance by identifying value adding activities and best practices
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer and/or education institution
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Geography, Geographic Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field or foreign equivalent
- Expected graduation date of Fall 2023 or Spring/Fall 2024
- Willing to work in either of these locations: Houston, TX, Midland, TX, or Bartlesville, OK
- A minimum cumulative and major GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Previous internships or co-op's in an energy related field
- Petroleum Land GIS Mapping experience
- Experience with ArcGIS or ESRI based products and land mapping tools
- Experience with any of the following Land Systems and Software; Quorum, Business Objects, Spotfire, Drilling Info, Enerdeq
- Working knowledge of Oil & Gas leases and Exploration & Production agreements along with their associated provisions
- Ability to invite dialogue to gain a shared understanding and influences with confidence to drive performance and achieve business results
- Demonstrates an understanding of how key financial and quantitative indicators impact the business
- Demonstrates taking ownership of actions and follows through on commitments by courageously dealing with important problems, holding others accountable and standing up for what is right
ConocoPhillips will conduct interviews at many universities in the U.S. during the Fall of 2023
. Please check with your university career services to find out if and when we will be visiting your campus. If ConocoPhillips is interviewing on your campus,
you must register with your career service office and complete your online application prior to the university deadlines to be considered for these interviews. If we are not making a visit to your campus and you are selected for an interview, our recruiters will contact you directly to schedule the interview.
To be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions, attaching your resume with transcripts, and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of December 31, 2023.
December 31, 2023Sponsorship:
ConocoPhillips’ sponsorship for employment authorization in the U.S. is NOT available for this position.EEO:
In the US, ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.