- World’s largest independent upstream oil and gas business
- SPIRIT values - Safety People Integrity Responsibility Innovation Teamwork
- Operations in 13 countries
Welcome to ConocoPhillips, where innovation and excellence create a platform for opportunity and growth. Come realize your full potential here.Who We Are
We are one of the world’s largest independent exploration and production companies, based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. With operations and activities in 13 countries, we explore for, develop, and produce crude oil and natural gas globally. We are challenged with an important job to safely find and deliver energy to the world. Our employees are critical to our success, and with them we power civilization.
We’re grounded by our SPIRIT Values – safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation, and teamwork. These values position us to deliver strong performance in a dynamic business – but not at all costs. We believe it’s not just what we do – it’s how we do it – that sets us apart.
We strive to make a significant difference in the communities where we live and operate. We create an inclusive environment that values all voices and opinions. Together, the different backgrounds, experiences, ideas, and perspectives of our employees drive our success.Job Summary
As an Associate Land Negotiator, you will be assigned to an asset team within a Business Unit. You will be exposed to and responsible for many phases of land management including deal negotiation, contract drafting, due diligence performance and decision support for Land, Commercial and Business Unit Management. You will be exposed to and responsible for lease, contract, and division order ownership analysis, with supervision, analyze various projects in ConocoPhillips Land systems, and data integrity analysis support for both surface and mineral estates.
In addition, you will receive diversified training through on-the-job assignments using technical skills you have acquired in college or past internships. You will be developed technically and professionally and involved in personal interaction with both office and field employees. You will be assigned a mentor to assist with your career development. You will also be paired with a recently hired Land Negotiator to help you transition into the corporate environment.
The position will be in either our Houston or Midland, Texas office. You may be eligible for the voluntary hybrid office work (HOW) program that is designed to provide employees with flexibility while maintaining the advantages of in-person engagement.Job Description
Responsibilities may include:
- Exposure to surface or subsurface agreement negotiations, contract drafting, and due diligence
- Assisting with acquiring, trading, or divesting surface or subsurface rights
- Working with legal counsel on various issues including clearing title for drilling and division order purposes
- Collaborating with numerous internal functions such as engineering, geology, finance, and accounting
- Representing ConocoPhillips in dealing with co-owners, mineral owners, surface owners, and local, state, and federal government entities
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer and/or education institution
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree or higher (MBA or JD/LL.M.) in Business Administration with a focus in Energy Commerce, Energy Law, Energy Management, Petroleum Land Management or other related discipline or foreign equivalent
- Current level in college: Senior or in Graduate School
- Expected graduation date: Fall 2023 or Spring 2024
- Willing to work in either of these locations: Houston, TX or Midland, TX
- A minimum cumulative and major GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to invite dialogue to gain a shared understanding and influences with confidence to drive performance and achieve business results
- Demonstrates an understanding of how key financial and quantitative indicators impact the business
- Demonstrates taking ownership of actions and follows through on commitments by fearlessly dealing with important problems, holding others accountable and standing up for what is right
ConocoPhillips will conduct interviews at many universities in the U.S. during the Fall of 2023
. Please check with your university career services to find out if and when we will be visiting your campus. If ConocoPhillips is interviewing on your campus,
you must register with your career service office and complete your online application prior to the university deadlines to be considered for these interviews. If we are not making a visit to your campus and you are selected for an interview, our recruiters will contact you directly to schedule the interview.
To be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions, attaching your resume with transcripts, and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of December 31, 2023.
January 1, 2024Sponsorship:
ConocoPhillips’ sponsorship for employment authorization in the U.S. is NOT available for this position.EEO:
In the US, ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.