- World’s largest independent upstream oil and gas business
- SPIRIT values - Safety People Integrity Responsibility Innovation Teamwork
- Operations in 13 countries
Welcome to ConocoPhillips, where innovation and excellence create a platform for opportunity and growth. Come realize your full potential here.Who We Are
We are one of the world’s largest independent exploration and production companies, based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. With operations and activities in 13 countries, we explore for, develop, and produce crude oil and natural gas globally. We are challenged with an important job to safely find and deliver energy to the world. Our employees are critical to our success, and with them we power civilization.
We’re grounded by our SPIRIT Values – safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation, and teamwork. These values position us to deliver strong performance in a dynamic business – but not at all costs. We believe it’s not just what we do – it’s how we do it – that sets us apart.
We strive to make a significant difference in the communities where we live and operate. We create an inclusive environment that values all voices and opinions. Together, the different backgrounds, experiences, ideas, and perspectives of our employees drive our success.Job Summary
As a Land Analyst, you will be assigned to an asset team within a business unit. You will be exposed to and responsible for many phases of surface or subsurface land work. You will be assigned tasks and projects allowing you to assist the Land Negotiator with the acquisition and maintenance of surface or subsurface rights, and various oil and gas related contracts. You will also have the opportunity to interact with various industry business associates, such as operators, non-operated working interest owners, mineral owners, and surface owners. This will be a great opportunity to receive diversified training through on-the-job assignments using the technical skills you have acquired in college or through your work experiences.Job Description
Responsibilities may include:
- Researching and analyzing leases and contracts, including ownership set up for new wells, determining working interest and net revenue interest in wells or other projects
- Determining working interest ownership in federal units & participating area expansions
- Developing and maintaining network relationships with government agencies, mineral owners, surface owners, and co-owners
- Developing and maintaining network relationships with other groups within company, i.e., legal, accounting, tax, production and auditing
- Creating various reports from Quorum Land System and Business Objects
- Creating, analyzing, and preparing recommendations for monthly contract and lease obligations. Emphasis is on research, creating various reports, and analysis of data
- Assisting Land Negotiators with research and drafting contracts or other agreements
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or business related
- Current level in college: Senior or Graduate Student
- Expected graduation date: Fall 2023 through Spring/Fall 2024
- Willing to work in either of these locations: Houston, TX, or Midland, TX
- A minimum cumulative and major GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Previous internships or co-ops in an energy related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Land Management Certificate
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with others in a team setting
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously within deadline requirements
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Consistently demonstrates high integrity, behaves ethically, and follows through on commitments
ConocoPhillips will conduct interviews at many universities in the U.S. during the Fall of 2023
. Please check with your university career services to find out if and when we will be visiting your campus. If ConocoPhillips is interviewing on your campus,
you must register with your career service office and complete your online application prior to the university deadlines to be considered for these interviews. If we are not making a visit to your campus and you are selected for an interview, our recruiters will contact you directly to schedule the interview.
To be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions, attaching your resume with transcripts, and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of December 31, 2023.
January 1, 2024Sponsorship:
ConocoPhillips’ sponsorship for employment authorization in the U.S. is NOT available for this position.EEO:
In the US, ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.