- World’s largest independent upstream oil and gas business
- SPIRIT values - Safety People Integrity Responsibility Innovation Teamwork
- Operations in 13 countries
Welcome to ConocoPhillips, where innovation and excellence create a platform for opportunity and growth. Come realize your full potential here.Who We Are
We are one of the world’s largest independent exploration and production companies, based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. With operations and activities in 13 countries, we explore for, develop, and produce crude oil and natural gas globally. We are challenged with an important job to safely find and deliver energy to the world. Our employees are critical to our success, and with them we power civilization.
We’re grounded by our SPIRIT Values – safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation, and teamwork. These values position us to deliver strong performance in a dynamic business – but not at all costs. We believe it’s not just what we do – it’s how we do it – that sets us apart.
We strive to make a significant difference in the communities where we live and operate. We create an inclusive environment that values all voices and opinions. Together, the different backgrounds, experiences, ideas, and perspectives of our employees drive our success.Job Summary
ConocoPhillips is one of the world’s leading exploration and production companies based on both production and reserves, with a globally diversified asset portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, ConocoPhillips has approximately 9,600 employees supporting operations and activities in 13 countries. In 2022, production averaged 85MBOED, and proved reserves were 0.2 BBOE.
In Canada, we can trace our history back over 110 years. Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, our current investment programs are focused on the operated Surmont oil sands development in the Athabasca region of northeast Alberta and the liquids rich Montney unconventional play in northeast British Columbia. Our production averaged 94 MBOED in 2022 and proved reserves were 0.3 BBOE.
Our story demonstrates our commitment to the community, our innovative approach to technology and our adaptability during the changes faced by our industry. Within our Calgary office, we have implemented a Hybrid Office Work program, which offers eligible employees flexibility with the option of working remotely on Wednesdays and Fridays. We believe that diverse opinions, ideas, and perspectives are what fuels innovation, and we reinforce this belief through a DEI Council of employees, a culture of psychological safety and an Engagement Network, to name a few. Our workforce represents the international communities in which we live and work, bringing together talented people from a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Consistent with our focus on excellence, ConocoPhillips continues to discover and develop best practices in diversity, equity and inclusion – for the good of our enterprise, our employees, our vendors and our communities.Description
ConocoPhillips is recruiting a number of Engineering interns from a variety of disciplines to join our team of engineers supporting operations for ConocoPhillips Canada’s SAGD and unconventional Operations near Fort McMurray and Fort St. John. The successful applicants will become part of one of our engineering teams for a 16-month Calgary office-based internship. The engineering team that the applicant will be placed with will be determined through the interview process, but could potentially include a wide range of opportunities such as: completions, drilling, well integrity, facility, production, maintenance, capital projects, and/or reservoir engineering. Applicants will have the opportunity to leverage the skill set developed during their internship upon their return to university and in real world applications.
These roles are based out of Calgary, with some potential for field work based on the role. These positions are 16-month terms, starting in May 2024.Responsibilities
- Working with a team of engineers to optimize and/or develop solutions to challenging operational issues
- Interfacing with field operations and cross-functional teams to implement day to day tasks and special project work
- Preparing technical reviews
- Assist senior engineers with projects and project management
- Participate in field trips to troubleshoot and optimize field operations
- Presenting results of project work to team and management.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (target graduation date of April 2026)
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Must be returning to study at a post-secondary institution following work term
- Proficient (ability to perform the skill with limited assistance) in Microsoft Products Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, familiarity with Spotfire would be beneficial
- Willingness to travel to the field up to 10% of the time
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada on a regular full-time basis without restrictions
Applicants: Please attach your updated resume and recent transcripts to your application.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to adjust to changing priorities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Possess good communication and organizational skills
- Previous experience in the oil and gas industry through summer employment or coop work term
To be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the closing date.
For information on our Sustainable Development performance in Canada, visit www.cpcsustainability.ca
ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
November 20, 2023Sponsorship: