ConocoPhillips is a leading oil and gas company which is hiring a Willow Infrastructure Planning and Scheduling Lead for contract positions. The Willow Infrastructure Planning and Scheduling Lead working lead position performing under the direction of the Project Controls Manager.
Located on Alaska’s North Slope in the National Petroleum Reserve (NPR-A), the Willow project is estimated to produce 180,000 barrels of oil per day at its peak.
The economic impact of the Willow project will be sizable. According to the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) estimates, Willow could generate between $8 billion and $17 billion in new revenue for the federal government, the state of Alaska, the North Slope Borough, and local communities. The initial phase of Willow development will include a new Willow Central Processing Facility (WCF), three drill sites, pipelines, roads, bridges and supporting infrastructure.
The Willow project is spread over several phases and areas.
2023 – 2025 - Detailed Design
2023 – 2024 - WOC Fabrication
2025 – 2027 - WOC North Slope Installation and Commissioning
2025 – 2027 - WCF / DS Sealift Module Fabrication
2027 – 2029 – WCF / DS North Slope Installation and Commissioning
Willow will be a greenfield design including all processing facilities, utilities, drilling equipment, camp, and power generation.
- Developing the total Infrastructure resource loaded plan to include the entire project lifecycle.
- Supporting the Implementation and maintenance of the integrated infrastructure project schedule assuring timely and accurate schedule data input to the system.
- Tailoring existing procedures and providing guidance to the Infrastructure Teams (Gravel, Pipelines, Power, Airstrip) for various project planning and scheduling activities including baselines, forecasts, actuals, and critical path evaluation.
- Coordinating all planning interfaces between phases and organizations.
- Leading planning and scheduling presentations to the Infrastructure Management Team and other project management personnel.
- Ensuring the project team follows the corporate and the Willow Project scheduling standards and procedures.
- Interfacing and coordinating with the project teams and Contractor’s Planning and Scheduling to ensure that all project schedule data is incorporated into the integrated infrastructure and project schedule in a timely and accurate manner.
- Liaising with the Program Planning and Scheduling Lead to integrate the infrastructure planning and scheduling program into the Willow main schedule.
- Analyzing all incoming project schedules and providing early warning process by variance and trend analysis and recommending viable recovery or work around plans as required to the Project Teams.
- Coordinating with the Infrastructure Cost Lead to ensure that the Infrastructure schedule aligns with the Infrastructure cost budget and Forecast.
- Developing monthly planning and scheduling Dashboard reports for the infrastructure scope of work and supporting all monthly reporting requirements.
- Oversight of the change/trend management process of the contractors and stewarding the owner’s trend and change management.
- Registering and evaluating any infrastructure change orders for cost impact.
- Reviewing and analyzing Contractor’s proposed baseline schedules, updated schedules, manpower plans, critical path and progress reporting and provide timely feed back to the Project Controls Manager, the Infrastructure team, and Contractors.
- Ensuring that all Contractors are aware of the Enterprise Schedule architecture, software requirements, reporting requirements and any modifications to the database that are made.
- Coordinating and/or performing schedule risk analysis if required.
- Perform Schedule audits using the schedule audit checklist.
Required And Preferred Skills And Experience
- Bachelors’ Degree and/or equivalent experience
- Proven management and staff leadership skills
- 9+ years of experience on major capital projects in Oil & Gas, Refinery or Petrochemical environments in assignments of increasing responsibility, complexity, and scale.
- Extensive experience with Primavera.
- Willingness to travel to Project site (Engineering Office, and Fabrication/Construction sites).
- High technical competency in the field of Project Controls with an expertise in Planning and scheduling (Work in Progress/Earned Value), progress measurement, CPM scheduling, Critical Change Management, as well as expert use of Project Controls systems.
- Arctic project/construction experience
- 9+ years of direct, in-depth project planning experience in arctic oil and gas projects.
- Knowledge of Project Controls, Cost Engineering, Planning & Scheduling, Forecasting (Work in Progress/Earned Value)
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member and promote the adoption of Project Services' established planning / control practices.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Good communicator and able to work well with project managers and team members to identify problems or issues.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment and meet deadlines.
- All duties will be performed in accordance with ConocoPhillips HSE policies and SPIRIT values.
- Willing and able to travel 25% of the time.
- This Role will be based in Anchorage.
ConocoPhillips contract opportunities are for project-based or other short-term engagements that require specialized skills. Successful candidates for contract opportunities will not be considered employees of ConocoPhillips or any of its subsidiaries nor will candidates be eligible for employment benefits. Candidates looking for regular full-time employment opportunities should begin their search here: https://careers.conocophillips.com/