Location: Houston, TX
Model of Work: Hybrid
Are you excited by challenges? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment? Then now is the time to join Quorum Software, a rapidly growing company and industry leader in oil & gas transformation.
Quorum Software is the world's largest provider of digital technology focused solely on business workflows that empower the next evolution of energy. From emerging companies to supermajors, throughout every region of the globe, customers rely on Quorum's proven innovation and unmatched global expertise to streamline business operations and make data-driven decisions that optimize profitability and growth. Our industry-leading solutions are transforming energy companies across the entire value chain, helping visionary leaders evolve their organizations into modern energy companies.Overview
You will be responsible for supporting the full range of human resources operations and act as the key contact point for Canada and USA. You will provide advice to employees and front-line managers of the organization on all aspects of HR.
The ideal candidate will have the ability and willingness to get involved in all areas of HR and have a passion for influencing and fostering a positive culture and work environment. You have the ability to act as a strategic HR partner with managers and possess the ability to execute on tactical HR tasks and can pivot between those requirements seamlessly.Responsibilities
- Proactively work in collaboration with business unit and managers on employee matters to achieve current and future business objectives and identify people related priorities, opportunities and risks
- Resolve employee issues to ensure favorable outcomes, escalating as appropriate.
- Managing performance issues and coordinating performance improvement plans
- Build trusted relationships with employees through engagement practices to help guide them through global and local change and to promote a high level of employee morale and engagement.
- Manage the successful implementation of HR strategies and policies within Americas to ensure a global alignment in parallel with country specific regulations.
- Keep up to date with Canada/USA employment law changes to ensure the company maintains compliance and hold responsibility for Canada/USA handbooks and policy documents.
- Provide local support with the annual performance review process, providing coordination in region to facilitate a smooth process.
- Prepare and/or review HR documentation and correspondence as required, including references, employment contracts, leavers letters and relocation agreements.
- Overview of all aspects of the employee lifecycle, including on boarding, off boarding and probationary periods and other key processes
- Coordinate priorities with the recruiting team to support the business objectives.
- Ensure our HR database and global payroll teams are kept up to date with any changes as required.
- Help administer employee benefits.
- Assist with global relocations including visa processing.
- Ad hoc HR projects and tasks as required and other duties as assigned.
- University Degree in relevant area
- CPHR, SHRM or equivalent designation preferred
- 5-7 years of HR Advisory experience
- Have an introductory degree of competency in applying employment law in Canada and USA.
- Ability to work independently in a standalone role without direct day to day supervision and collaboratively in a virtual team
- Have a proven ability to build relationships and communicate with people at all levels locally and virtually
- Comfortable in an evolving and changing work environment
About Quorum Software
- Background Check: The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances: Criminal History Check, Education Verification, Employment Verification, Driver’s License Verification and Passport/ID validation.
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with Quorum Software in USA is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position. The successful candidate will be required to ensure they maintain and renew any visas or permits that grant employment eligibility where applicable.
Quorum Software connects people and information across the energy value chain. Twenty years ago, we built the first software for gas plant accountants. Pipeline operators came next, followed by land administrators, pumpers, and planners. Since 1998, Quorum has helped thousands of energy workers with business workflows that optimize profitability and growth. Our vision for the future connects the global energy ecosystem through cloud-first software, data standards, and integration. The trusted source of decision-ready data for 1,800+ companies, Quorum Software makes the essential connections that let us work better together in the connected energy workplace. For more information, visit quorumsoftware.com.Diversity Statement
: At Quorum, we are committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. We want to be the place where a diverse pool of talented people join us, stay with us and do their best work. With a diverse team of employees, we grow and learn better together. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and our achievements. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other characteristics that make us unique. We have a DEI committee focused on Culture, Advocacy and Talent, have company-wide Unconscious Bias training and more.Quorum Business Solutions and Quorum Software are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a member of the Human Resources Department
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment and eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.