Senior Information Security Engineer
Location: Bogota, Colombia
Model of Work: Hybrid
Are you excited by challenges? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, international, and dynamic environment which contributes to drive the energy transition? Then now is the time to join Quorum Software, a rapidly growing technology & professional services solutions company and industry leader in energy transformation.
Quorum Software is the world's largest provider of digital technology focused solely on business workflows that empower the energy industry. Throughout every region of the globe, customers rely on Quorum's proven innovation and unmatched global expertise to streamline business operations and make data-driven decisions that optimize profitability and growth. Our industry-leading solutions are transforming energy companies across the entire value chain, helping visionary leaders evolve their organizations into modern energy companies.Overview
Quorum Software is looking for an Information Security Engineer to join our team and provide administration and oversight of our enterprise security technologies. You will become an integral part in advancing the security program by configuring, deploying, and managing various security applications, monitoring and alerting security threats and developing remedies to resolve issues. You will make key recommendations on processes and technology related to solutions and improvements to protect the Company from security weaknesses.Responsibilities
- Develop strategies, evaluate solutions, design, and implement tools, processes, and controls to validate and ensure that security and privacy are designed into Quorum infrastructure and applications while adhering to policy, compliance, and governance requirements.
- Serve as an internal subject matter expert to assess cyber threats and to secure the organization.
- Identify gaps in infosec infrastructure security and privacy capabilities, working with internal teams to remedy and improve our systems and products.
- Perform Blue/Red exercises against our infrastructure to validate event parsing, alerting fidelity, incident veracity and SOC response.
- Validation of vulnerability mitigation strategies with internal stakeholders
- Identify, document, and monitor tactics, techniques, and procedures used by threat actors targeting Quorum and the broader industry. Proactively research new attack vectors that may affect Quorum infrastructure and applications.
- Incident Response plan management. Test on a regular cadence and make continuous improvements to the IR plan
- Ability to run and Incident Response team in the event of an incident and make well informed decisions regarding action plans
- Good communication skills written and verbal. Ability to explain complex subject matter to a non-technical audience
- Knowledge of EDR tooling
- Advise and review architectural designs with a focus on security and privacy of solutions
- Advise business units on project plans and architecture as the subject matter expert for security and privacy.
- Mentor to junior team members and help grow their knowledge and skills
- And other duties as assigned.
- 6+ years cybersecurity experience
- At least 1 year of threat hunting experience
- Proficiency with administrative operation, configuration, and debugging/ troubleshooting of Linux, Windows, Active Directory, and SSO/MFA technologies
- Practical understanding of tactical application of various compliance frameworks including monitoring and validating compliance
- Knowledge of the following technologies: Routing, Switching, VPN, LAN, WAN, Network Security, Stateful Firewalling, NGFW, Firewall policies, Identity based policies, NAT, IPS, AntiMalware, Botnet, Application Control, DDoS, Web Filtering
- Experience with encryption and authentication technologies
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
- Strong Windows knowledge
- Network analysis experience
- Scripting languages (Python, Powershell, etc.)
- Experience with automation solutions
- Office 365 security suite
- 1 - 3 years of experience securing cloud-based infrastructure in AWS/Azure (Nice to Have)
- CISSP Certification preferred
Please Submit your CV/Resumé in English
- Background Check: The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances: Criminal History Check, Education Verification, Employment Verification, Driver’s License Verification and Passport/ID validation.
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with Quorum Software in Colombia is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position. The successful candidate will be required to ensure they maintain and renew any visas or permits that grant employment eligibility where applicable.
- Current professional card or registration in Colombia (if applicable): The successful candidate will be required to present their professional card or registration information if the role is deemed to be regulated.
- Onboarding Medical: The successful candidate will be required to undergo an onboarding medical examination prior to commencement of employment, in accordance with Colombian legislation.
About Quorum Software
Quorum Software connects people and information across the energy value chain. Twenty years ago, we built the first software for gas plant accountants. Pipeline operators came next, followed by land administrators, pumpers, and planners. Since 1998, Quorum has helped thousands of energy workers with business workflows that optimize profitability and growth. Our vision for the future connects the global energy ecosystem through cloud-first software, data standards, and integration. The trusted source of decision-ready data for 1,800+ companies, Quorum Software makes the essential connections that let us work better together in the connected energy workplace. For more information, visit quorumsoftware.com.Diversity Statement
: At Quorum, we are committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. We want to be the place where a diverse pool of talented people join us, stay with us and do their best work. With a diverse team of employees, we grow and learn better together. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and our achievements. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other characteristics that make us unique. We have a DEI committee focused on Culture, Advocacy and Talent, have company-wide Unconscious Bias training and more.Quorum Business Solutions and Quorum Software are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a member of the Human Resources Department