Calpine Corporation is America's largest generator of electricity from natural gas and geothermal resources with operations in competitive power markets. Its fleet of 76 power plants in operation and one under construction represents nearly 26,000 megawatts of generation capacity. Through wholesale power operations and its retail businesses, Calpine serves customers in 22 states, Canada and Mexico. Its clean, efficient, modern and flexible fleet uses advanced technologies to generate power in a low-carbon and environmentally responsible manner.
The company was established on the premise that a strong commitment to the environment is inextricably linked to excellence in power generation and corporate responsibility. Since its founding in 1984, Calpine has led the power industry in its unwavering commitment to environmental stewardship. In addition, its renewable geothermal plants use steam generated deep below the earth's surface to produce clean, renewable electricity.
Job Summary (includes but is not limited to the following, other duties may be assigned)
The Settlement analyst’s primary responsibility is to: (1) support Sr. Settlements Analyst’s RTO/ISO invoice processing, (2) maintain/generate utility load profiles, loss factors, and obligation models. They will report directly to Manager of Market Settlements.
Support Sr. Settlements ISO/RTO Invoice Processes:
- Understand settlement rules, timelines, supporting files and reconcile the ISO/RTO market settlement statement.
- Download, summarize and present the ISO/RTO market invoice to the lead market Analyst or Settlements Manager/Director.
- Provide support and coding to Accounting to process the ISO/RTO invoices and ensure invoices are processed timely and accurately.
- Summarize market changes and trends to lead Analyst and/or Manager/Director.
- Work with lead Analyst and/or Manager/Director to streamline invoicing processes.
- Audit internal controls around publicly published data, such as LMPs, DZSFs and tariff-based prices, ensuring internal processes and systems are working as expected.
Load Profiles and Loss Factors:
- Review utility tariffs and document specific rule relating to adjustments of metered load prior to settlement including but not limited to load profiles, loss factors and unaccounted for energy.
- Set up and maintain load profile and loss factor values in Lodestar and Intelometry inRetail/Data Analyzer.
- Construct and maintain mappings for meter load profile and loss factor codes to actual utility values.
- Generate and validate internally built load profiles using utility published algorithms, tables, and weather data.
- Validate downloaded utility data and ensure the data is uploaded in the appropriate internal systems with audited results.
- Respond to inquiries from Front/Mid/Back-office personnel regarding attributes.
- Work with IT staff to automate processes to gain efficiencies and minimizing manual error.
Obligation Models and Ad hoc Support:
- Create and validate internally built obligation models to quantify the obligation per customer account using utility and ISO/RTO published information.
- Maintain models and upload models in Intelometry/inRetail.
- Support Sr. Settlements Analyst and Manager/Director on ad hoc requests and projects
- Requires a bachelor’s degree, preferable in Math, Finance, Business, Economics or Engineering plus at least 4 years of energy experience or equivalent work experience
- Effective communication skills both written and oral
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and statistical skills
- Above Average Computer Skills with an emphasis on Excel
- Basic understanding of Energy Markets, Metering, Retail Energy Settlements preferred
Salary Information – Position is eligible for annual bonus.
Salary range - $54,984.95 to $81,102.60
Additional Calpine Information
- Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
- Calpine is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on case-by-case basis.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here