is accepting online applications for the position through November 17
, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. [Pacific Standard Time].
Chevron USA – Marine is accepting online applications for the position of Machinist Trainee
located on one of our US Flag fleet of vessels.
The Sailors’ Union of the Pacific represents all unlicensed personnel employed on the Company’s US Flag seagoing vessels.
The general guideline for vessel assignment length is 90 days for unlicensed personnel. Vacation will accrue at 25 days for each 30 days of work.Pre-employment Screening Consists Of
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Background Check
- Drug Tests: DOT & Non-DOT hair screen test
- Motor Vehicle Report
- Physical examination
- Physical Abilities Tests or Modified Functional Capacity Evaluation
- Safety – Must be able to work safely and follow all company procedures.
- Direction – Takes work direction from Chief Engineer, 1st Engineer or Chief Mate.
- Welding – Must possess basic welding skills with Arc, Gas, TIG and soldering. Being certified is very desirable.
- General fabrication - Must be able to fabricate brackets, fixtures, etc with welding and fasteners.
- Pipefitting – Must be able to fit all kinds of pipe and tubing, threaded, welded or compression fittings.
- Valves – Ability to assist in overhauling Gate, Globe, P/V, Butterfly, Block & Bleed is desirable.
- Deck machinery – Must be able to service and work on mooring winches, anchor windlasses, deck cranes.
- Machine tool use – Must be able to use the lathe machine, drill press, milling machine, and all portable power hand tools.
- Hand tools – Must be able to use hand tools.
- Ship’s Systems – Ability to understand piping systems and how they function.
Teamwork/Working With Others
- Participate in monthly safety meeting.
- Points out unsafe acts or conditions to everyone on board.
- Stops work if unsafe conditions or practices are uncovered.
- Able to participate in an Emergency Response team.
Required (Basic) Qualifications
- Effective in relating to others
- Willing to assist others.
- Works well under pressure.
- Maintains an appropriate demeanor and appearance.
- Current USCG Merchant Mariner Documents
- Vessel Personnel Designated Security Duties (VPDSD) endorsement
- Valid USCG/STCW Medical Certificate
- Valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
- Valid Passport
- Basic Training Certificate
Relocation will not
be considered.International Considerations
Expatriate assignments will not
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.Important Information
Regulatory Disclosure For US Positions
- The compensation for this role is listed on this posting in compliance with applicable law. The selected candidate’s compensation will be determined based on his or her skills, experience, and qualifications. Please note that the compensation listed below are only applicable to successful candidates who are hired onto local United States payroll.
- The anticipated hourly rate for this position is $30.50
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, reproductive health decision-making, military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.