- World’s largest independent upstream oil and gas business
- SPIRIT values - Safety People Integrity Responsibility Innovation Teamwork
- Operations in 13 countries
Welcome to ConocoPhillips, where innovation and excellence create a platform for opportunity and growth. Come realize your full potential here.Who We Are
We are one of the world’s largest independent exploration and production companies, based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. With operations and activities in 13 countries, we explore for, develop, and produce crude oil and natural gas globally. We are challenged with an important job to safely find and deliver energy to the world. Our employees are critical to our success, and with them we power civilization.
We’re grounded by our SPIRIT Values – safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation, and teamwork. These values position us to deliver strong performance in a dynamic business – but not at all costs. We believe it’s not just what we do – it’s how we do it – that sets us apart.
We strive to make a significant difference in the communities where we live and operate. We create an inclusive environment that values all voices and opinions. Together, the different backgrounds, experiences, ideas, and perspectives of our employees drive our success.Job Summary
Polar Tankers Overview
Polar Tankers, a wholly owned subsidiary of ConocoPhillips, provides marine transportation for North Slope production, using five company-owned, double-hulled tankers in addition to chartering third-party vessels as necessary. The tankers deliver oil from Valdez, Alaska, to refineries primarily on the West Coast of the United States. The company operates five Endeavour-class tankers: Polar Endeavour, Polar Resolution, Polar Discovery, Polar Adventure and Polar Enterprise.Description
Cadet shipping programs are a phenomenal way for us to get to know each other! We'll offer you the same types of challenging assignments as our full-time hires. This program includes an orientation. Your supervisor will give you periodic performance appraisals and provide coaching and mentorship throughout your internship.Job Description
This is a Safety Sensitive position.
Relocation is not available for this position.
If you are selected for this role, you will receive diversified training through on-the-job assignments using the technical skills you have acquired in college.
The work will develop you technically and professionally and could involve personal interaction with both office and field employees.Basic/Required:
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- A minimum of 8 continuous weeks of availability for the internship
This position requires you to have a TWIC card (Transportation Workers Identification Card) to gain access to secure areas of Maritime Transportation Security Act (MTSA) regulated facilities and vessels. Any candidate selected for this position will not be allowed to begin work without proof of application for this card. Visit the TSA website TWIC® | Transportation Security Administration (tsa.gov) for more information.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Marine Engineering, Marine Operations, Maritime Operations & Technology, or foreign equivalent
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Confirmed leadership ability
- Analyzes issues and understands their business impact
- Takes ownership of actions and follows through on commitments by holding others accountable and standing up for what is right
- Delivers positive results through realistic planning to accomplish goals
- Builds effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical
ConocoPhillips’ sponsorship for employment authorization in the U.S. is NOT available for this position.EEO:
In the US, ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.