Intern/Co-opIS Well Engineering Intern
Do you love collaborating with teams to solve complex problems?
Do you enjoy leading a team that provides a high-quality service for our customers?
Join our IS Team
Baker Hughes is the first and only comprehensive provider of digital oilfield products, services and solutions. Drawing inspiration from its rich heritage as an inventor company, Baker Hughes harnesses the passion and expertise of its people to improve productivity throughout the entire oil and gas value chain.
The Integrated Well Services business offers scalable solutions that maximize the value of an operator’s assets through project management, well engineering, field supervision, risk management and contractor management.
Focused on service delivery and operational excellence with safe and cost-effective outcomes, IWS leverages technology solutions, digital platforms and Baker Hughes’ global footprint.To be successful in this role you Should:
As An IS Well Engineering Intern You Will
- Be currently enrolled in any Engineering Bachelor’s degree and have at least 2 years left of school.
- Have maintained a GPA grade greater than or equal to 3.0 out of 4.0 or the equivalent in your country
- Be fluent in oral and written English
- Have the legal right to work and RFC ID expedited in Mexico.
- Be prepared to enroll yourself with different activities and projects, being the owner of them and having an active voice to be part of the team and the company in a large scale.
The IS Well Engineering Intern supports to take the ownership of delivering well design, technical requirements and operational plans to accomplish both Baker Hughes and customer’s technical and financial goals. The well engineer intern drives close engagement with service delivery, HSE, finance, commercial and sales, and other Baker Hughes product lines
As a Well Engineering Intern, you will be responsible for:
Work in a way that works for you
- Collaborate in the process to ensure all engineering activities are in line with HSE policies and procedures, and HSE culture by setting example through safe work practices.
- Conducting business according to Baker Hughes Culture Pillars, Participate in tender bid preparation process for well engineering input. Deliver customer presentations & lead meetings (may include travel to other locations).
- Support on preparing of well design, well plan and operational procedures for construction, completion, intervention and/or abandonment of wells in area of responsibility.
- Work with the team to define technical services and third party requirements. Prepare operational time and well cost estimates.
- Collaborating with internal and external parties, prepare risk register and contingency plans. Prepare, participate and lead peer reviews, peer assists and other quality assurance activities related to the project.
- Be part of the team who provides engineering recommendations and advice to the project team. Evaluate and implement best practices and technological advancements to IWS operations.
- Ensuring that pre-defined technical and operations KPIs are monitored and benchmarked against well offset data and pre-defined objectives.
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you work in the day
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
We are an energy technology company that provides solutions to energy and industrial customers worldwide. Built on a century of experience and conducting business in over 120 countries, our innovative technologies and services are taking energy forward – making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.R104052