Requisition ID: 75320
NextEra Energy Resources is the world's largest generator of renewable energy from the wind and sun, and a world leader in battery storage. We provide energy-related products and services that grow our economy, protect the environment, support our communities and help customers meet their energy needs. We are leading the decarbonization of the U.S. economy with our goal to reach Real Zero carbon emissions from our operations by 2045 while improving customer affordability and reliability. Are you interested in creating a cleaner environment for future generations? Join our world-class, innovative team today.
Position Specific Description
The Property Accounting Department at NextEra Energy FCOE is looking for an Associate Accountant to join their team. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical, critical thinking, and inter-personal skills.
In addition to:
• Work closely with the PGD, Land Services, Development, Engineering & Construction, and Project Controlling teams to ensure proper accounting treatment and compliance with policies
• Utilize accounting systems to process assets into SAP, true up newly constructed PP&E, make required changes to assets in service and manage the transactional accounting for a volume of NEERs clean energy projects
• Ability to quickly establish priorities and meet all assigned deadlines related to the FCOE accounting close
• Prepare and present timely and accurate management reports
• Improve, develop, and implement new processes to manage the rapidly growing business
The most valuable skills for success in this role will be:
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and explain complex problems and provide solutions
• Strong financial analysis and presentation skills
• Expertise in SAP and Excel
• Strong and flexible team player
• Highly organized and deadline driven individual
• Continuous process improvement mindset
Employees in this job assist in preparing financial reports in a timely manner that are in compliance with GAAP and accurately reflect the financial status of the company.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Assists in researching GAAP, SEC regulations, and relative company policies, practices and procedures
• Prepares schedules and journal entries
• Understands and applies appropriate internal controls to ensure accounting integrity of corporate financial data
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• Bachelor's - Accounting / Finance / Business
• Experience: 0+ years
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics
Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC
Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy and provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to email@example.com, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.