CLOSING DATE 9 NOVEMBER 2023NOV Rig Technologies is seeking a Standardisation Technical Writer. You will be operating in the Standardisation team, you will write, maintain, and revise standardized, technically accurate documentation supporting NOV Rig Technologies Aftermarket Division.
Are you an engineer with a few years’ experience looking to develop your career and skill sets? As a Standardisation Technical Writer in NOV, you will work within a dynamic team responsible for creating and maintaining global standardised documentation to support the needs of NOV Aftermarket business lines.
As a Standardisation Technical Writer operating in the Standardization team, you will write, maintain, and revise standardized, technically accurate documentation supporting NOV Rig Technologies Aftermarket Division. This role requires soliciting, collating, and interpreting engineering drawings, specifications, and requestor requirements. You'll communicate effectively in English with multiple technical and engineering experts to understand their needs and objectives. You shall produce user-friendly accurate documents that incorporate technical requirements and are well balanced ensuring both clarity and comprehensiveness. You shall have authorship of documents such as but not limited to parts lists, condition assessments, and inspection procedures for large drilling, hoisting and pressure control equipment. Your documents shall be utilised by office, offshore and workshop-based colleagues.Duties & Responsibilities
- Communicate in English effectively with multiple technical and engineering experts to understand their needs and objectives.
- Solicit, collate, interpret, and organise engineering drawings, specifications, industry standards, user manuals and internal customer requirements provided to you verbally and in writing.
- Author user-friendly documents (including but not limited to parts lists, condition assessments, and inspection procedures) that incorporate all required technical requirements with appropriate clarity, terminology, and writing style.
- Verify authored documents conform with legislative, industry and NOV standards.
- Identify and report problematic issues or conflicts in documentation and resolve where feasible.
- Provide your supervisor verbal and written updates relating to progress, risks/issues, and opportunities relating to your tasks.
- Perform additional tasks to the extent that may be reasonably expected, assigned, or required by business needs.
- Propose improvements to processes and working practices.
- Participate in training where required.
- 3-year qualification in an Engineering related discipline or equivalent experience. (Essential)
Skills, Training, And Knowledge
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in an engineering or mechanical environment (Essential).
- Experience working in Oil and Gas industry (Desirable).
- Working on projects and within teams (Desirable).
- Understanding of mechanical engineering drawings, schematics, specifications, and user manuals (Essential).
- Background knowledge of overhaul, inspection, and/or repair of heavy machinery (Essential).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English Language (Essential).
- Computer literacy (including good command of the Microsoft Office Suite). (Essential).
- Project Management training/knowledge (Desirable).
- Document Control and an understanding of Document Management Systems (DMS). (Desirable).
- Background knowledge of electrical/instrumentation, pneumatic and hydraulic controls. (Desirable).
Every day, the oil and gas industry’s best minds put more than 150 years of experience to work to help our customers achieve lasting success.We Power the Industry that Powers the World
Throughout every region in the world and across every area of drilling and production, our family of companies has provided the technical expertise, advanced equipment, and operational support necessary for success—now and in the future.Global Family
We are a global family of thousands of individuals, working as one team to create a lasting impact for ourselves, our customers, and the communities where we live and work.Purposeful Innovation
Through purposeful business innovation, product creation, and service delivery, we are driven to power the industry that powers the world better.Service Above All
This drives us to anticipate our customers’ needs and work with them to deliver the finest products and services on time and on budget.Organization
At NOV Rig Technologies, we are harnessing the strength of knowledge and innovation that is revolutionizing the future of energy. We build on what works, using our deep expertise to help minimize risk, increase uptime, and improve performance in drilling operations around the globe.