- World’s largest independent upstream oil and gas business
- SPIRIT values - Safety People Integrity Responsibility Innovation Teamwork
- Operations in 13 countries
Welcome to ConocoPhillips, where innovation and excellence create a platform for opportunity and growth. Come realize your full potential here.Who We Are
We are one of the world’s largest independent exploration and production companies, based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. With operations and activities in 13 countries, we explore for, develop, and produce crude oil and natural gas globally. We are challenged with an important job to safely find and deliver energy to the world. Our employees are critical to our success, and with them we power civilization.
We’re grounded by our SPIRIT Values – safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation, and teamwork. These values position us to deliver strong performance in a dynamic business – but not at all costs. We believe it’s not just what we do – it’s how we do it – that sets us apart.
We strive to make a significant difference in the communities where we live and operate. We create an inclusive environment that values all voices and opinions. Together, the different backgrounds, experiences, ideas, and perspectives of our employees drive our success.Job Summary
Come and join our Brisbane team in the position of Application Analyst!Job Description
ConocoPhillips Australia acknowledges the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the First Nations Peoples and Traditional Custodians of this land, and we pay our respects to Elders past and present.
ConocoPhillips’ Australian headquarters are located in Brisbane. Our focus is supplying Australian customers with natural gas and international customers with liquefied natural gas. We do this through our 47.5 percent interest in the Australia Pacific LNG joint venture, one of the largest producers of natural gas in eastern Australia. ConocoPhillips Australia also operates the Australia Pacific LNG liquefied natural gas facility near Gladstone. We are also an exploration company, with ongoing exploration occurring in the Bowen and Surat Basin in Central Queensland and new exploration in the Otway Basin along the southern coast of Australia to identify natural gas reserves for supply to Australian customers.
As the people and process enablers, supporting the organisation with the technology, tools, and techniques to innovate and support us achieving our goals, the primary function of the Application Analyst
role is to provide application support to the Operations and Production Business environment for ConocoPhillips Australian Operations in Brisbane and Gladstone.
Day to day, the Application Analyst will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Provide operational application support for the portfolio of Operation and Production systems used by APLNG Downstream Operations group.
- Owns the completion of assigned work (break/fix, enhancements, projects) to meet agreed deliverables, cost and timeline.
- Review solutions based on input from all service groups.
- Utilise knowledge of business and technical dependencies to deliver sustainable and reliable solutions.
- Work with Product Owners on the delivery of vended solutions.
- Advocacy of the IM/IT policies, strategies and practices.
- Effectively engage with the application software providers to ensure maintenance of the application is performed as required.
- Planning and implementation of application upgrades, maintenance updates, including communication of system changes and outage to the users.
- Work with application stakeholders to understand issues and problem-solving application issues in a timely manner.
- Participating on project teams to ensure proper alignment of IT solutions to the business requirements as well as IT policies and procedures.
- Ensuring Enterprise standards and guidelines are adhered to where applicable for solution design, deployment and support.
This role provides a unique opportunity for an enthusiastic IT professional to partner with our organisation and help bring ideas to life! Your analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting experience and ability to work in a team environment will ensure great satisfaction and success in this role.
You will also bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant Information Technology field with minimum 3 years’ experience in a progressive information systems environment or minimum 5 years’ experience as above.
- Experience in a system administration role providing application support to end users and maintenance of the environments.
What we offer
An inclusive environment of belonging where we respect one another and where our success reflects the diverse backgrounds, experiences, ideas and perspectives of our employees.
- A unique culture of SPIRIT – Safety, People, Integrity, Responsibility, Innovation, Teamwork
- A learning organisation that encourages, supports, and celebrates innovative ideas
- Continuous technical and professional development training
- Flexible work arrangements
- Competitive remuneration, superannuation, benefits and performance based incentives
- Private health insurance, generous Employee Share Plan, annual health and wellness subsidy
- Above industry paid parental leave
Support for all applicants
ConocoPhillips Australia encourages and welcomes applications from all members of the community. If we can make adjustments in our recruitment process to ensure we can get to know you in the best way possible, feel free to let us know so we can accommodate you.
Come and realise your full potential here! We look forward to receiving your application!Apply Before:
November 16, 2023Sponsorship:
ConocoPhillips’ sponsorship for employment authorization in the country where this job is located is NOT available for this position.EEO:
ConocoPhillips is an equal opportunity employer.