Do you enjoy being part of a successful team?
Do you enjoy taking ownership to ensure you get the job done?
About The Team
As a Digital Solutions business, we provide intelligent, connected hardware technologies to sense, control and inspect assets across many industries.Partner with the best
The chosen candidate will play a pivotal role within our order execution team, demonstrating self-motivation and a keen responsiveness to ensure the fulfilment of production deadlines. As an integral member of this team, they will engage with various departments, including Technology, Project Management, and Project Engineering, on a daily basis.
The role of an instrumentation technician is multifaceted and includes, but is not limited to, collaborating as part of a team to support the assembly, conduct Factory Acceptance Testing, and carry out ISO17025 calibration for our measurement equipment. This equipment is integral to the energy and technology industries.As a Test Technician/ Mechanical Assembler, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion!
- The Instrument technician will work on a wide variety of measurement devices
- The role will involve mechanical assembly of master build, and sub-assemblies from engineering drawings.
- The technician will ensure all systems and assemblies meet ours and our customers high-quality standards and are always assembled per Sales order/project requirement.
- Testing of integrated electro-mechanical assemblies using custom in-house loops and equipment
- The successful candidate is expected to provide support and utilize fault finding skills in communicating with our Technology and Engineering departments
- On occasion the successful candidate may be expected to travel to offsite calibration facilities
- Inspection of mechanical assemblies & functional testing of metering systems and instruments and calibration of assembled meters
- Valuing people's health and safety in the workplace and continue in keeping strong HSE safe practices at work with the help of every employee.
- Ensuring commitment and compliance with Baker Hughes Quality policy & procedures with strong focus on continuous improvement and customer satisfaction
To be successful in this role you will:
Work in a way that works for you
- Craft certificate in Instrumentation and/or a relevant qualification in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering (or equivalent)
- Have Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in industry
- Mechanical background desirable with an ability to recognize and validate mechanical components and assemblies as per drawings and bills of material, maintaining accurate and complete records.
- Have experience in work handling and holding of mechanical assemblies & accessories
- Have demonstrated knowledge of ISO17025 laboratory system
- Have proven competency and pro-active approach to fault finding/trouble shooting essential
- Have experience in pre-calibration checks/calibration runs
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have strong computer skills (MS Office Applications, AutoCAD). Computer literate with operational experience using test programs in Windows environment, and become familiar with the computer databases
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too.Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
We are an energy technology company that provides solutions to energy and industrial customers worldwide. Built on a century of experience and conducting business in over 120 countries, our innovative technologies and services are taking energy forward – making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.R102930