ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have an industry leading position in the Bakken in North Dakota – a key U.S. shale play. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industry’s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.
Roles & Responsibilities
The Midstream Instrument and Electrical (I&E) Lead Specialist is part of the Midstream Maintenance Execution Team supporting continuous improvement in I&E equipment availability and productivity for the ND Midstream asset (oil/water/gas gathering & gas processing plant). Working in a team environment, it carries responsibilities for implementing reliability best practices, drives maintenance execution, stewards the maintenance work management system, and oversees all I&E maintenance activities for the Midstream asset conducted by both Hess and contract workforce. This role interacts closely with the Maintenance, Operations, Reliability Engineering, Supply Chain, and EHS functions in support of equipment maintenance planning, scheduling, coordination, execution, and continuous improvement.
The primary areas of focus for this role include:
Provides daily leadership in support of Reliability and Maintenance in areas such as:
- Oversees equipment troubleshooting, predictive, preventative, and corrective maintenance activities for midstream assets performed by both Hess and contractor personnel
- Stewards work management practices including maintenance execution, planning, scheduling, and ensures all closure / reliability data is promptly input for each job
- Leads and directs craft personnel by scheduling of assignments, monitoring progress, providing direction, guidance, and coaching. Ensuring assignments are completed safely, timely, and with quality
- Participates in the development of the daily and weekly maintenance work schedules
- Coordinates maintenance work with maintenance and operations specialists to provide continuity of maintenance planning and leads to the least possible down time
- Coordinates with reliability engineering and operations / maintenance leadership in preparing PM programs for the facility and ensure that the programs are functioning properly and that required records are kept
- Ensures that the department is equipped with the proper tools, instruments, workspace, and other necessary implements to perform all work safely and with quality
- Responds to breakdown, emergencies, or any abnormal operating conditions to expedite repairs
- Ensures workforce has the required information & specifications to complete work with a high degree of quality and precision
- Works with Craft Logistics Specialist to ensure the management of spare parts and bills of material
- Works with operations and maintenance leadership with developing the annual budget and monthly forecast
- Accountable for cost tracking and performance against budget and forecast, responsible for driving tool time efficiencies
- Accountable for contractor performance against contract terms
- Aids in the field during facility startups, shutdowns, or upsets
- Monitors and tracks staffing conditions, work hours and overtime, job rotation, and absenteeism
- Accountable for maintenance activities outside normal working hours including safety, cost, and productivity
- Performs other duties related to this function to help ensure the ongoing reliability of rotating equipment
- Collaborates with maintenance specialists, condition monitoring, reliability engineering, planning, and leadership to ensure proper priorities are placed on deficiencies and continuous learning/improvement process is fostered
- Collaborates with operations personnel to assist in troubleshooting, identification of gaps in operating practices which impact equipment reliability, improve maintenance effectiveness (i.e. equipment readiness, permitting robustness), and commissioning support
- Provide feedback to maintenance planning, operations, scheduling, and supply chain to ensure continuous improvement with maintenance planning, scheduling, and execution processes and procedures
Demonstrates strong continuous improvement capabilities and/or ability to learn following skills:
- Lead standardized work development; continuously seek to make standardized work more efficient and safer while ensuring work quality
- Lead structured problem solving using 5-Whys and Problem Solving A3s
- Supports operations and maintenance leadership with developing / maintaining key maintenance KPIs
- Develop robust kaizen culture through direction setting and empowering team members to look for ways to make their jobs easier
Leadership / People Development
- Ensure further development of all team members through performance evaluation, development of training plans, feedback, and coaching. Work with Competency Assurance and Learning (CAL) and the Craft Logistics Specialist to update training matrices, schedule any needed training, and assure training is effective and corrects sub-standard performance.
- Works with Craft Logistics Specialist to identify, develop, and deliver routine technical training to maintenance and operations personnel
- Assign tasks and training considering each technicians development and career goals
- Develops mentor/coach relationships to ensure development of embedded craft personnel and contractor support
- Participates in the development of troubleshooting, repair, and inspection instructions for I&E equipment
- Provide direction to team members emphasizing quality, efficiency, productivity, cost reduction, environment/health/safety, and morale.
- Develop and maintain positive team member relations centered on mutual trust, dignity, respect, fairness, consistency, two-way communication, teamwork, and harmony.
Demonstrates Leading at Hess Competencies including but not limited to:
- Able to build and maintain a positive and safety-based team culture
- Able to coach/mentor/develop team members including ability to respectfully hold personnel accountable for their daily duties and resolve conflict as it arises
- Able to influence without authority across organizational boundaries
- Able to lead change with various stakeholders
- Able to set direction and lead a team to deliver results
- Able to drive daily kaizen to address improvements/gaps identified through observation of work performance, work planning / scheduling feedback, and various team SQDC and/or YTT meetings
- Able to build trusted partnerships with peers & strategic partners to allow for best practice sharing & strong teamwork
- Able to teach individual contributors in fundamental skills and facilitate job instruction training
- Field based role (Tioga / Keene) 5/2 (9/80) work schedule. Expectations for this role include a heavy field presence to ensure jobs are being performed safely and the workforce is trained properly
- 5 plus years of I&E maintenance experience in refining, petrochemical, oil and gas industry experience or equivalent industry related experience such as energy, military maintenance, mining, or other heavy manufacturing.
- 2 plus years of leadership experience as formal people leader in production environment preferred
Basic proficiency in the following areas:
- Knowledge of industry codes and standards (IEEE, ISA, NFPA, NEC, API)
- Troubleshooting and repair of repair of electrical, instrumentation, and controls equipment such as motors, PLCs, motor control centers, generators, and process instrumentation (transmitters, valves, controllers, etc.).
- Failure analysis
- RCM based Predictive and Preventive Maintenance strategies
- Strong knowledge of work management system, corrective/preventative maintenance planning, and equipment master data utilization
- Strong knowledge of applicable EHS procedures/practices such as Permit to Work, Energy Isolation, Respiratory Protection, PPE, Emergency Response
- Proficient computer skills / business system knowledge (SAP, Microsoft Suite)
- Possess strong written and verbal communications skills with ability to lead, coach, and train others
- Excellent collaboration and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills
- Able to work in fast-paced, constantly changing production environment
- Must be available outside normal working hours for technical support if needed
- Strong organization, time management, prioritization, and planning skills and able to manage multiple tasks with tight deadlines for self and team
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Associates or bachelor’s degree preferred
Hess is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Hess is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, click here or send an email to MyHR@Hess.com.
Posting Notes: Hina Patel | Employee | Field/Plant Operations | United States| North Dakota | Tioga | | | | | No | 26533