We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
We are seeking passionate, highly skilled, experienced Team Leads with full stack development expertise in Java, Python, or NodeJS, expertise in cloud technologies, familiarity with front-end technologies such as Angular, and experience leading software development teams. In this role, you will lead a team of software developers working with product owners and other teams to design and deliver innovative solutions for customers. Qualified candidates will enjoy working in a collaborative, fast-paced environment and be open-minded and adaptable to change.
- Lead the development team in delivering new products, features and fixes using an Agile approach working with the Product Owner, Developers, QAs, and Architects.
- Contribute to product planning, providing technical solution input to the Product Owner and technical guidance to the team.
- Team management including day to day and career development for team members.
- Collaborate with other team leads and architects on solution design for complex features.
- Develop testing strategy and plan to ensure high quality solutions.
- Create and maintain technical documentation, including architecture, deployment, cost, availability, and performance.
- Monitor team progress against committed goals and provide updates to interested parties.
- Assist in creation of external user documentation.
- Actively participate in development as a hands-on contributor.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of existing and emerging technologies relevant to the role.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar discipline.
- 7+ years of experience in software development for complex applications is desired.
- Excellent English communication skills, written and verbal.
- Experience leading a software development team, including remote team members.
- Excellent understanding of software and SaaS design principles, patterns and best practices.
- Excellent understanding of designing components and services for use in a larger ecosystem.
- Excellent understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Experience with Cloud and SaaS Development: Azure/AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, microservices, event-streaming, etc.
- Strong understanding of RESTful APIs, documentation tools like Swagger, web services, and JSON.
- Experience with creating and consuming relational and non-relational data such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra.
- Familiar with secure coding practices and ability to identify and fix security issues.
- Experience with unit testing or other automated testing tools such as JUnit, JMeter, JEST, Karma/Jasmine, Protractor.
- Proficiency in Git version control.
- Familiar with back-end build tools such as Jenkins, Gitlab, Gradle, Maven, npm.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to learn fast.
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Experience in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Familiar with deployment automation tools such as Helm and Ansible.
- Familiar with GraphQL.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
Rio de Janeiro, RJ - Brazil
Requisition Number: 179348
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Landmark Software & Services
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position: