Where you fit in
Projects & Engineering (P&E) is Shell’s project execution engine that safely and efficiently executes new projects for our business partners in Upstream, Downstream, Integrated Gas and New Energies. P&E also provides differentiated, engineering support to existing assets, both at Shell and non-operated ventures. The P&E mission ‘Creating World Class Assets’ i.e. delivering best-in-class projects and enabling our existing assets to achieve their full potential.
The Offshore Construction Team plays a special role in Shell Malaysia Project & Engineering, by delivering the physical aspect of Shell’s asset, with Transportation and Installation done in the most technical viable manner, safely.
What’s the role?
As an Operations Engineer (Transportation & Installation – T&I) you will be required to prepare for upcoming installation campaigns and support the day-to-day construction operations (onshore and offshore) and to ensure the smooth execution of installation campaign. Responsible for the overall inter-discipline coordination between internal stakeholders and Contractor to ensure timely project mobilization by ensuring derrick barges/lay barges/vessels are ready for on-hire and comply with Company’s requirement.
- Manage HSSE for all installation/construction activities and barges/vessels operations in compliance with Company’s policy, standards, requirement, and aspirations.
- Manage all Pre-mobilization vessel inspection and suitability survey including punchlist closeout to ensure Company’s Maritime Assurance process is met.
- Ensure all MWS inspections/requirements are met as part of the CAR policy requirements.
- Responsible for the overall inter-discipline coordination between internal stakeholders i.e marine, aviation, OH, diving, geomatic to ensure adequate support for mobilization and project execution.
- Manage contractor to ensure resources (derrick/lay barges, cargo barges, tugs, equipment, construction, & marine crew, etc) are meeting Company’s standards and are made available in time for all projects execution.
- Manage loadout activities at Fabrication/ Coating yards and interface between OIC and yards on loadout requirements and load out barges movement.
- Coordinate and ensure all material movement for Company issued items to OIC are complying with the importing/exporting requirement of the local government.
- Support project closeout, lesson learnt, and as built documentation.
What do we need from you?
- Essential Education and Qualification
- Minimum 15 years working experience in oil & gas industry with at least 10 years in offshore construction/ installation.
- Degree in Engineering (Civil/Structural/Mechanical/Marine)
- Good knowledge of marine industry. Previous experience from the marine business will be an added advantage.
- Familiar with rules of classification societies (i.e.: ABS, DNV GL, BV and Lloyds), international organizations and proper implementation of Health, Safety, Security and Environmental (HSSE) policies.
- Have experience with review methods, such as HAZID, HAZOP, SIF Reports etc.
- Must be flexible and mobile to travel/relocate to support business needs as and when required.
Shell has been a partner in powering Malaysia’s progress since 1891 when we established our first depot in the Straits Settlements. Today, we are an integrated energy company comprising Upstream, Downstream, Integrated Gas and New Energies, Projects & Technology, and Shell Business Operations. Shell Malaysia aims to be the leading energy player in the country, powering Malaysia’s future with cleaner, innovative, and competitive energy solutions.
More than a century, Shell has been operating and we continue to extract and deliver oil and gas efficiently, profitably, and in environmentally friendly and socially responsible ways to meet evolving customer needs and the growing demand for energy.
With over 950 service stations, Shell has the leading market share in the fuels retailing business in Malaysia. In Malaysia, we make and sell more than 600 different lubricants for the automotive sector, heavy-duty transport, food processing, and power generation. We are the lubricants market leader in Sabah and Sarawak.
Ø Integrated Gas, Renewables and Energy Solutions
Shell set out its Powering Progress strategy, which we aim to deliver through our three business pillars of Growth, Transition and Upstream. The Growth Pillar includes our Marketing and Renewables & Energy Solutions businesses and focuses on working with our customers to accelerate the transition to net-zero emissions. One of our achievement, Sarawak onshore: World’s first commercial GTL plant (SMDS)
Ø Project & Technology
As P&T, we exist to make the delivery of Shell’s strategy and the growth of our company possible. P&T works collaboratively and in an integrated way with its business partners, to deliver value for our customers, and for Shell.
An Innovative Place to Work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently
An Inclusive & Progressive Place to Work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
Ø We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
Ø We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
Ø We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity
A Rewarding Place to Work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.