Competencies and Job Requirements (Data and/or Document Controller):
- Minimum of 3-4 years industry experience as Data and Document Controller with knowledge of data control processes and systems on Major Capital Projects, and of EPC interface management.
- Prior experience in writing and manipulating databases (like SQL, Oracle, NoSQL).
- Knowledge of cross-discipline engineering data (requirements and use) including business data model of engineering, spare parts processes, Maintenance Management System build processes.
- Knowledge of SharePoint and document management systems.
- Experience of working with Engineering Data Warehouse (EDW) systems (or similar) e.g. Bentley, AVEVA, SPF.
- Experience working with document management systems (EDMS). Experience in Bentley ALIM preferred.
- Preferably knowledge of Engineering IM Scope of Work and Information Specification in a major contract, CFIHOS/DEP, Engineering Information Specification (EIS) and the related document.
- Working in a highly virtualized environment in a geographically diverse and multicultural team.
- Good written and oral communications.
The Document controller scope of services and work are detailed below.
- Processing Asset/Project internally generated documents (document numbering, review workflows, quality assurance)
- Manual processing of Maintenance Contractors’ deliverables (by exception, when not covered by automated process)
- Support and manage and where needed update of automated DDMs in Assai Cloud
- Support in the mapping of Tier 1 and Tier 2 Asset documents in Assai
- Quality Assurance (spot checks) on Maintenance Contractors’ deliverables submitted through the Assai Portal
- Check-out and Check-in of Asset documents to and from Capital projects & Minor Mods projects for Concurrent Engineering
- Mapping of RDL discipline and doc-types to legacy documents in support of migration activities
- Migration of LMS/BMS documents into Assai (as per MIDS Health Check recommendation)
- Review the Doc-Tag relations in Assai received from AVEVA IMS
- Maintain the PSV Certification data updates in Assai
- Highlight to the IM lead shortcomings in the document PBI performance reports (status, progress and forecast).
- Document metadata mapping in support of specific work processes and reporting dashboards (e.g. DCAF Control Point mapping and P2A requirements mapping)
- Ensure all DCC transactional actions in the Project and Asset functional mailboxes are completed in a timely manner.
- Excellent communication skills and a quick learner. Be a good team player. Ability to prioritize and ensure delivery of priorities for the area of responsibility. Flexible and adaptable to change, with a track record of demonstrating initiative, analytical capabilities and problem-solving.
- Ability to apply engineering best practices, codes, and standards to identify issues, recommend improvements, and implement solutions.
- Excellent stakeholder management with business interface exposure
- Strong interpersonal leadership skills are critical due to the requirement for effective communication of complex issues across multiple offices and teams.
- Expertise in pipe modeling and facility layouts.
- Flexibility to move quickly across changing priorities and manage multiple Projects/Programme
- Ability to independently, resourcefully, and creatively research and implement new solutions
- A good understanding of the Upstream/DS/IG business and how it works.
- Ability to engage and effectively communicate at all levels inside and outside Shell and within different cultural settings.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to challenge and ability to build internal and external relationships based on trust and to integrate across multiple functions.
- Strong understanding of Continuous Improvement process in TAO
- Competitive applicants will have a proven track record of delivery in Asset and/or Project.
- While the hubs will remain the core locations for SEAM, we will continue to use a distributed working model. This means that our preference is to appoint the best candidate for the job on local terms working virtually from their base country.
- We may make appointments on expatriate terms where it is justified in accordance with the International Mobility criteria for expatriation, but our clear preference is to appoint on local terms and build the local talent pipeline.
Positions in SEAM will require global travel and flexibility in working hours to manage communications across time zones in order to influence and support stakeholders and enable business performance. However, flexibility in recognition of diverse family situations will be conside