The Machinist performs a variety of tasks with lathes, milling machines, and/or other machine tools by applying knowledge of machine shop theory and procedures, shop mathematics and machinability of materials. The Machinist must have the ability to transfer from one task to another as directed by their supervisor, as well as work in other areas as required.Primary Responsibilities
- May assist or train other employees including apprentices.
- Plan, prioritize and organize assigned tasks.
- Set up and operate lathes or machine tools to perform machining functions, such as turning, boring, facing and threading parts.
- Interpret blueprints drawings for specifications, set up and operating requirements.
- Submit documentation to Quality Assurance for verification of the quality and accuracy of all parts produced.
- Maintain product identification and traceability of parts including stamping/re-stamping control numbers as required.
- Report non-conforming items to Quality Assurance for disposition.
- Clean machine, tooling, and parts, and may perform minor machine maintenance.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of NOV.
- Journeyperson certification in machining required.
- Overhead Crane and Forklift Certificates are preferred.
This position is classified as safety sensitive and employment would be conditional on satisfactory completion of a pre-employment physical and drug screen.Preferred method of application and to view all opportunities visit:
https://www.nov.com/CareersNOV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination or Harassment of Any Kind
: NOV is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunities for everyone and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. National Oilwell Varco values inclusion and diversity; we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.With over 40 different locations in Canada, and 30,000 people worldwide, NOV is proud to offer their employees competitive pay and excellent benefits, Employer retirement plan contributions, Health Spending account and employer paid premiums. We are also proud to provide on the job training, with potential for advancement within our organization and an Educational Assistance Program
NOV thanks all interested applicants, however only those selected for interview will be contacted.