Calpine Corporation is America's largest generator of electricity from natural gas and geothermal resources with operations in competitive power markets. Its fleet of 76 power plants in operation and one under construction represents nearly 26,000 megawatts of generation capacity. Through wholesale power operations and its retail businesses, Calpine serves customers in 22 states, Canada and Mexico. Its clean, efficient, modern and flexible fleet uses advanced technologies to generate power in a low-carbon and environmentally responsible manner.
The company was established on the premise that a strong commitment to the environment is inextricably linked to excellence in power generation and corporate responsibility. Since its founding in 1984, Calpine has led the power industry in its unwavering commitment to environmental stewardship. In addition, its renewable geothermal plants use steam generated deep below the earth's surface to produce clean, renewable electricity.
Job Summary (includes but is not limited to the following, other duties may be assigned)
Prepares, maintains, and reviews complex engineering and construction schedules for projects and project proposals (Industrial Construction). Types of projects will include Power (Fossil Fuel - Natural Gas), Geothermal, Solar, Bulk Energy Storage Systems (BESS) projects, and other Renewables, as well as Carbon Capture and Sequestration (CCS). Plays a key role in the development and maintenance of project schedules utilizing company and industry standards and scheduling techniques. Prepares reports to project team members and maintains liaison with management regarding project planning and scheduling activities. Analyzes and monitors the project’s critical path. Prepares scheduling reports, creates & maintains project cash flows, develops alternative solutions, and drives successful project completion. Reviews, analyzes, and performs the integration of Development, Engineering, Procurement, Construction, and Startup schedules. Ensures the maintenance of all essential records and reports for compliance with contract requirements, and internal reporting analysis needs.
- Solid, working knowledge.
- Experienced professional with full understanding of job and industry practices.
- Ability to create presentation grade material for senior management reviews.
- Performs in fully-functioning capacity, equivalent to a journey level contributor.
- Makes recommendations on moderately complex issues regarding project components and tasks.
- May make recommendations on new processes, tools and services; supports and contributes to development of new products, services, or techniques.
- Works on problems of diverse scope ranging from moderate to complex.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Uses independent judgment requiring in-depth analysis of variable factors. Collaborates with senior professionals in selection of methods, techniques, and analytical approach.
- Little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
- Coordinates work of professionals, technicians, and others outside of own department; may serve as project/technical load on small to medium sized projects.
- This is the most senior skill level without moving to a management or specialist track.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Attention to detail. Should be able to adapt communication style to suit different audiences.
- Resource integrator – builds professional networks and identifies and connects resources to achieve goals. Regularly contributes actionable ideas in brainstorming and planning sessions.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Seasoned professional; typically requires 5+ years experience, prefer 7+.
- High proficiency with Primavera P6, Microsoft Project, and Microsoft Excel.
Additional Calpine Information:
- Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
- Calpine is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on case-by-case basis.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here