Total Number of Openings
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of LNG Charterer
located in London, Greater London UK
through November 15, 2023, at 11:59 p.m.
Execute LNG vessel in/out chartering decisions as required on short to medium term basis in order to implement the LNG shipping coverage strategy for Chevron’s LNG portfolio in the Atlantic Basin. Coordinate with cross functional/regional Trading and Optimisation teams to capture global LNG value chain opportunities and maximise the value of our assets. Regular engagement with the LNG shipping markets through Owners, Brokers and other industry participants in support of the above and to enhance market analysis and development of freight market viewpoints.LNG Charterer - Shipping Commercial
Chevron Shipping Company is the Corporate Marine Center of Expertise for Chevron operations and projects. We provide safe, reliable and cost-competitive marine transportation, manage marine risk, and add value to the enterprise through our operations, technical, project, and commercial support to our customers.
The LNG shipping organisation is set up on a global basis in response to the nature of the commodity, its trade and the needs of our trading and upstream customers. This requires more regular and effective communication between the different offices to ensure that the team operates effectively and the day to day issues are managed properly.
The LNG Shipping Chartering team currently comprises 3 people in London and Singapore who undertake chartering on short, medium and long term basis. The team develop market & freight analytics and provide advice and negotiation in support for LNG Term Sheet, Confirmation Notices and Master Sale Purchase Agreements, as required in support of the business.
In providing the above services the LNG Chartering group becomes a main point of contact with the LNG Trading, Optimization and Scheduling groups, additionally the team work with longer term LNG Origination team as required.Key Job Responsibilities For This Position
- Maintain up to date of knowledge of market conditions and freight levels with particular focus on Atlantic Basin and multi-month markets, providing updates to Trading and Value Chain Optimisation (VCO) teams as required.
- Provide quality shipping and develop optimal shipping solutions for customer groups at competitive freight levels.
- Work closely with the Clearance Group to manage marine risk through pre-screening, vetting support processes, acquiring the highest quality tonnage, and developing partnerships with quality ship owners.
- Coordinate with operations to ensure voyages are performed as safely and efficiently as possible.
- Develop and maintain relationships with industry counterparts including ship owners, charterers and brokers that provide value to Chevron in support of our LNG business.
- Continually update customer groups of market intelligence and develop view on forward freight and market conditions, with a view on its impact to our business/strategy.
- Develop and iterate as required the LNG Short term Freight Model, to support decision making with Trading team and VCO to maximise shipping/cargo assets and validate in/out chartering decisions.
- Analysis of competitors though benchmarking analysis on competitors commercial operations (vessel utilization/schedule utilization) and working with the team, utilise industry data to develop competitor profiles that identify best practices and opportunities for collaboration.
- Contribute to the development of the LNG Shipping Point of View, for sharing within CSC team and as required with internal partners (Trading/VCO/Origination/Strategic Gas Forecasting etc.)
- Collaborate with others in the Shipping team to provide contracting support to LNG Origination and Trading on Medium and Long Term Opportunities, ensuring commercial and operational shipping advice is provided on a consistent and timely basis to support development of opportunities.
- Provide commercial analytical expertise and support ad-hoc LNG Shipping team activities as required.
- Experience in Chartering or commercial negotiation experience is essential.
- Extensive knowledge of marine contracts (charterparties) and oil/gas markets, preferably LNG related.
- High level of shipping / oil & gas trading / operational experience.
- Strong and creative commercial skills.
- Highly customer focused.
- Proven team working skills.
- High standard of verbal and written communication skills and ability to derive and enhance value from commercial relationships.
- Strong analytical thinker with proven problem solving experience.
- Commercial negotiation skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure, managing multiple tasks to a high standard.
- High organizational skills and process focused.
- Willingness and ability to work out of hours and some travel to ensure business continuity.
- Exhibit Chevron Way behaviours at all times.
Relocation will not be
considered within Chevron parameters.International Considerations
Expatriate assignments will not be
considered.Workplace Inclusion & Diversity
Chevron seeks to attract and develop the brightest minds to support, advance and enable best practices, innovation and evolving the energy landscape.
- Chevron is striving to be an employer of choice and leader for an inclusive and diverse workplace where we are actively supporting the promotion of equality for all employees at all levels.
- Chevron is working to close any gender gap where it may exist; equal pay or enabling a representative and meritocratic progression to careers and reaching senior roles across the organisation.
- Chevron is focused on growing a culture where people with disabilities can excel through support in role and long-term career opportunities including workplace adjustments.
- Chevron considers itself a learning and flexible employer and want to support everyone to bring their best self to every day.
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at EuropeHRSSRecruitment@Chevron.com.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.