Total Number of Openings
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Quality Control Helper located in Richmond, CA through December 9th, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. (PST)
The Quality Control Helper performs physical duties related to organizing and maintaining the Quality Control complex and certain operating areas inside the Refinery.Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Communicates with QCD as well as other business units to prioritize and organize daily tasks.
- Lifts and moves items including but not limited to crates, bottles, solvents, and 55-gallon drums (using equipment). Applicants should feel comfortable with routine lifting and moving of crates and bottles.
- Maintains bottle inventory for the lab and various refinery units.
- Replaces & refills solvent bottles at QCD. Involved in maintaining solvent and QA material inventory.
- Waste management, disposes of single use bottles, cans, and broken/damaged equipment.
- Completes vehicle inspection checklist before driving any company vehicles.
- Handles volatile samples with caution and care, using all training received from Chevron safety courses.
- Supplies bottles to refinery units based on daily schedule, as well as non-routine requests that come from operation units.
- Cleans up small spills that are discovered throughout their duties, reports and calls in larger spills based on refinery awareness training.
- Maintains QCD’s sample retain program, moves new retain samples into the retain room and disposes of samples that are past retention date.
- Accountable for the transport of samples throughout the refinery units to pick up and deliver to QCD laboratory for testing.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum of two years of any type of work experience. Military experience is counted as work experience.
- Valid Driver’s License. The job necessitates driving on a routine basis.
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including full-body coveralls, protective footwear, hard hats, hearing protection and gas monitors.
- This is a safety-sensitive position. Candidates must demonstrate a personal commitment to Incident and Injury Free Operations with a proven record in Safety and Reliability.
- Candidates must have or be able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identity Card (TWIC) card.
- Refinery/Chemical Plant Process Operations experience.
- Experience working in laboratory and refinery environments.
- Hazmat Experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Relocation may be
Expatriate assignments will not be
considered.Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions
- The compensation and reference to benefits for this role is listed on this posting in compliance with applicable law. Please note that the compensation and benefits listed below are only applicable for U.S. payroll offers.
- The anticipated hourly wage for this position is USD 38.96. The selected candidate’s compensation will be determined based on their skills, experience, and qualifications.
- Chevron offers competitive compensation and benefits programs which includes, but is not limited to, variable pay, health care coverage, retirement plan, protection coverage, time off and leave programs, training and development opportunities and a range of allowances connected to specific work situations. Details are available at http://hr2.chevron.com/.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.Regulatory Disclosure For US Positions
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, reproductive health decision-making, military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.