Provides technical guidance on a wide range of personnel safety issues including the identification of risks, safeguards, and associated assurance activities. Manages the execution of all facets of Control of Work, including Managing Safe Work (MSW), Contractor Health Environment and Safety Management (CHESM), Motor Vehicle Safety (MVS), and other workforce safety programs. Provides workforce safety guidance and support to operations. Teams with technical safety specialists to develop Safety in Design for new and modified facilities.
Supports major customers/clients and leads projects of medium scope and complexity under limited supervision. Detailed knowledge of most aspects of the work function.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Lead Workforce Safety Specialist through 11/7/23 at 11:59 p.m.
This position reports to the CPP Health & Safety Manager and serves as the lead HSE resource for the Rockies – East CPP team. Position is accountable for supporting efforts to prevent incidents with heavy focus on eliminating significant incidents and fatalities through providing guidance on implementation and execution of processes and procedures that comply with HSE regulatory requirements and Chevron OE expectations. Candidate must be able to form strong and collaborative relationships with both Chevron and contractor supervision and field personnel. Position is also responsible for identifying HSE gaps, developing solutions and implementing improvement plans to close. Position is expected to spend time in the field coaching and engaging field personnel and on-site safety personnel to promote and influence safe operations. Position is responsible for conducting field engagements to improve safeguards in support of risk profile & SIF prevention. This position also responds to incidents and post event activities as required by CPP's Emergency Management process.Experience
- Technical Experience: Demonstrated experience in implementation of OEMS & HSE processes and programs on in an operating asset. Strong technical knowledge and field experience with CHESM, MSW, SIMOPS, OE assurance, II&R. Demonstrated experience partnering with contractors on HSE performance expectations. Demonstrated results in growing an effective OE/HOP culture within a diverse team and contractor environment.
- Build Relationships: Sustained performance of building positive working relationships and influencing beyond authority. Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and ability to maintain collaborative relationships with BU leaders, operations & construction, and business partners, to identify and influence improvement opportunities.
- Align and Inspire: Demonstrated ability and experience in to align work objectives with business needs by working through challenges and addressing competing priorities. Skills in proactively seeking to lead where opportunities exist to establish trust with teams and individuals and build/strengthen relationships. Demonstrated ability to meet commitments and positively contribute to results
- Leadership & OE Culture - Role models Chevron Way behaviors. Understands the OEMS and OE requirements, and how OE requirements are impacted by the team’s and others’ work. Understands how to apply Human and Organizational Performance principles and behavior to create a learn and improve mindset. Reinforces performance expectations to enable workforce to identify and address unsafe situations. (e.g., follow procedures, understand hazards, verify necessary safeguards are in place and are sufficient). Welcomes challenges and creates an environment where open discussion can happen without hesitation.
- B.S. in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent discipline or a minimum of 10 years Health and Safety experience in lieu of degree.
- Certifications: CSP preferred
- Experience: 15+ years of Safety and Oil and Gas Experience with preference for prior work experience in Chevron
Relocation may be
Expatriate assignments will not be
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.Important Information
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions
T he compensation and reference to benefits for this role is listed on this posting in compliance with applicable law. The selected candidate’s compensation will be determined based on his or her skills, experience, and qualifications. Please note that the compensation and benefits listed below are only applicable to successful candidates who are hired onto local United States payroll.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $97,800 – $192,600.
Chevron offers competitive compensation and benefits programs which includes, but is not limited to, variable pay, health care coverage, retirement plan, protection coverage, time off and leave programs, training and development opportunities and a range of allowances connected to specific work situations. Details are available at http://hr2.chevron.com/.Regulatory Disclosure For US Positions
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, reproductive health decision-making, military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at email@example.com.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.