Who Are We?
National Oilwell Varco is a leading supplier of drilling products around the world. We are a Fortune 500 company with a global HSE (Health, Safety, and Environment) program and a strong commitment to the safety of our employees. Our products are used by major Energy and Service companies to drill and complete oil & gas wells all across the globe.Where Are We?
We are located at 500 Conroe Park West Dr, Conroe, TX 77303.What Do We Do Here?
Our Conroe Facility produces downhole products for drilling activities in North America. Our plant has high demand and is operating 24/7 to produce these products for our customers. To meet the demand for our products, we provide employees with an air-conditioned environment, highly organized and clean 300,000 SQ. ft. fabrication facility, new CNC Machines (Mazak, Mori Sieke, DMG Mori, Weiler, etc.), and a strong safety program designed to ensure our team goes home safe to their families after every shift.What is the Team Like?
At NOV and at our 500 Conroe Park West location, we recognize the value of people. Building strong work relationships is key to keeping talented, reliable, and loyal employees. That’s why we work hard to ensure our team feels appreciated for their hard work. Collaboration, respect, integrity and accountability are core concepts for our success.What’s the Job Like?
Facility/Group Specific Responsibilities
- Must ensure that company policies and procedures are being enforced and adhered to at all times.
- Provide continual evaluation of the group’s processes and methods, to assure the most effective use of resources and equipment.
- Provide day to day supervision of employee job execution, to include; training, performance evaluation and employee relations.
- Recommend tooling supplies and replacement parts as required.
- Ensure proper housekeeping, and organization of equipment and materials in the fabrication area.
- Work with Engineering, Production Control, and QA on drawing problems, manufacturing order problems, and quality problems.
- Perform other work related tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all NOV Company and HSE policies and procedures.
Who’s Going to be Successful in this Job?
- Champion facility goals for Quality, Safety, Innovation and Cost - seek opportunities to provide feedback on process improvements, cost savings, and opportunities to work more efficiently and/or safely.
- Remain open to feedback and collaboration with other departments and business units.
- Regular attendance and timeliness
- Manufacture products and components to specifications and prints.
- Supervise department operations including but not limited to; training, certification planning, maintain attendance records, discipline, maximize product flow, track operator output.
- Schedule work to achieve production schedules Maintain quality standards
- Train operators in the proper use of equipment.
- Work with Maintenance department to ensure equipment and other assets are properly maintained. Keep management informed of issues affecting operators. Ensure all operators adhere to HSE requirements.
- Maintain high standards in areas of housekeeping and organization with continued support to HSE and 5S initiatives.
- Assist in interviewing and selecting prospective employees.
- Continuous development of workforce through functional cross training, participation in company provided subject matter and periodic performance appraisals.
- Implement and maintain necessary files to show all training requirements are captured and available upon request.
- Create and keep organized, standardized files and maintain within a professional format.
- Experience working in an environment with focus on continuous improvement.
Demonstrated Skills, Knowledge Or Experience In/with The Following
Why Would I Want to Join the Team?
- Production and Processing
- Operation and Control
- Operations Monitoring
- Quality Control Analysis
- Reading Comprehension
- Control Precision
- Manual Dexterity
- Near Vision
- Problem Sensitivity
- Reaction Time
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Problem Solving
- Planning & Organizing
- Stress Tolerance/Resilience
- Decision Making
NOV is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates are given consideration for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
- Competitive Wages
- Opportunities for Professional & Personal Growth and Learning
- Great Health & Wellness Benefits
- Outstanding Vacation, Sick & Holiday Pay