- Job ID- 27124
- Country- Great Britain
- Location(s)- London
- Company- Equinor UK Limited
- Contact Name- email@example.com
- Workplace- Onshore
- Discipline- Finance & Control
- Education Preferred- Master's Degree
- Experience Preferred- Not Indicated
- Closing Date- Nov 19 2023
We're 22,000 colleagues in more than 30 countries delivering oil, gas, wind and solar power to 170 million people worldwide. Taking on tough energy challenges is our job. Right now, we're facing an enormous task- supplying the world with the energy it needs, while lowering emissions.
We're up for the challenge. Are you?The position
By joining our team in CFO you will have the opportunity to-
Support the accounting manager and other finance professionals and leaders in the business area Marketing, Midstream and Processing (MMP) with a wide range of accounting and financial reporting topics.
MMP works to maximize the value creation in Equinor’s global mid- and downstream positions. The business area is responsible for global marketing and trading of crude, petroleum products, natural gas and electricity and this responsibility also includes the marketing of the Norwegian state’s natural gas and crude on the Norwegian continental shelf. MMP is also responsible for onshore plants, low carbon solutions, transportation, and for the development of value chains to ensure flow assurance for Equinor’s upstream production.
This key position within accounting and financial reporting will enable you to-
- Develop a broad understanding of the business context for the MMP business area and combine that with application of relevant IFRS standards and financial reporting requirements.
- Be a key person in the accounting assessment of complex contracts to buy or sell commodities, including electricity trading, trading risk management strategies and business arrangements in MMP.
- Contribute to the interim and annual reporting process and relevant disclosure notes.
- Engage with the key stakeholders across the company to share relevant IFRS expertise and to assess the application of the standards to specific business cases within the business area.
- Lead or contribute to accounting practice, internal controls framework and service delivery model improvement initiatives within the scope and across the accounting network where relevant.
- Take part in one of Norway’s strongest accounting and financial reporting networks and to shape and develop Equinor’s financial reporting.
Some qualities are essential for Equinor. You identify with our values, open, collaborative, courageous and caring, which guide our decisions and help us succeed and grow. You make safety your priority and contribute to our zero-harm culture. For this position, we are also looking for-
- A Master’s degree in Accounting, Auditing or another related subject, or hold State Authorised Accountant, CIMA or CPA status.
- Extensive previous experience working in financial reporting, accountancy or audit.
- Considerable experience of assessing and applying IFRS standards such as IFRS 9, 13, 15 and IAS 32.
- You'll also be familiar with accounting for contracts to buy or sell commodities, commodity and/or electricity trading, financial instruments, and fair value measurement.
- Commercial awareness, and the ability to provide and document relevant accounting assessments in writing and be able to explain these to stakeholders with your excellent communication skills.
- Your knowledge of, or experience with the internal control framework (SOX regime) and financial reporting risks.
- Fluency in English both written and spoken.
Please attach copies of your diplomas, certificates and grades in English or a Scandinavian language. Applications submitted without necessary attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript or other document describing subjects and grades completed to this point.
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process. All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law.
As a UK employer, Equinor has a legal obligation to ensure that candidates have the right to work in the UK. If the right to work in the UK has not been established, the employment or assignment will not commence until the necessary checks have been satisfactorily completed and acceptable evidence provided. Equinor reserves the right to withdraw the offer of employment or assignment in the event that the relevant requirements are not met.Why join us?
At Equinor, we care about each other as much as our business. That's why we offer-
- Not just a job; a career. In Equinor, your development begins on day one. You will build your competence through a wide range of learning activities while being empowered to build your career across multiple disciplines and geographies. Our internal job market allows endless opportunities for development and growth within your own field or in other interesting and relevant areas for you.
- Attractive rewards. We offer a comprehensive benefits package with competitive salaries, global parental leave, variable pay schemes and a share savings plan.
- Wellness and work-life balance. Our employees' well-being is a priority. We recognise that for you to be the best version of yourself in the workplace, being able to collect your children, attend a class or simply enjoy social time can be invaluable. That's why we encourage you to make use of our flexible work arrangements.
- An inclusive culture. We believe embracing our differences makes us stronger. For us true inclusion means being able to bring your whole self to work, and for everyone to feel accepted and valued.
For more information visit Equinor's website-