Calpine Corporation is America's largest generator of electricity from natural gas and geothermal resources with operations in competitive power markets. Its fleet of 76 power plants in operation and one under construction represents nearly 26,000 megawatts of generation capacity. Through wholesale power operations and its retail businesses, Calpine serves customers in 22 states, Canada and Mexico. Its clean, efficient, modern and flexible fleet uses advanced technologies to generate power in a low-carbon and environmentally responsible manner.
The company was established on the premise that a strong commitment to the environment is inextricably linked to excellence in power generation and corporate responsibility. Since its founding in 1984, Calpine has led the power industry in its unwavering commitment to environmental stewardship. In addition, its renewable geothermal plants use steam generated deep below the earth's surface to produce clean, renewable electricity.
Job Summary (includes but is not limited to the following, other duties may be assigned)
Provide staff with a variety of business/financial/operations analysis assignments, resulting in broad, hands-on exposure to support development and origination transactions (due diligence, valuations, etc.), including specific valuation, data room construction, data validation, schedule creation, internal investment proposal drafting activities, etc. Assist in relationship management activities including compilation of contact data and insights; Manage contact data and insight database for team and support generation of actionable insights on ideal M&A positioning and future trends. Analysts work closely with senior staff members and management to support research and conduct analysis through conducting complex modeling, financial analysis and business risk assessment assignments and projects. Prepares forecasts, analyzes trends and reviews market conditions. Compiles and prepares reports. Conducts special financial and business-related studies which may include the development of ad hoc and custom reporting involving the determination of metrics and identifying and integrating data sources.
- Developing general knowledge.
- Developing use and/or application of basic principles, theories and concepts.
- Basic familiarity with knowledge area, staff, technologies, services, and practices
- Makes decisions regarding own work within defined parameters.
- Regularly contributes useful ideas for own work area.
- Works on problems of limited scope.
- Follows standard practices and procedures.
- General instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new assignments.
- May coordinate efforts of others.
- Basic communication – delivers information to individuals within defined parameters.
- Bachelor’s Degree in area such as Business, Finance, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Quantitative Science or equivalent. May be currently enrolled in a Master’s or MBA program.
- Previous experience working in team environment using analytical skill set to provide recommendations around business challenges. Intermediate to advanced Excel and modeling skills required.
- Strong written skills.
- Entry-level; typically less than 3 years’ experience. Broad knowledge of the energy industry.
- Salary range - $75,037.515 to $93,796.89
Additional Calpine Information
- Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
- Calpine is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on case-by-case basis.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here