Total Number of Openings
Manages the company's accounting services and processes. This Job Category includes accounting positions embedded in BUs, in Corporate Departments, and Financial Shared Services (FSS). (Note: FSS accounting leadership/managerial positions should not be mapped to this Job Category.)
Supports clients/customers and assists with functional projects under regular supervision. Has a general knowledge of the work group.
Process invoices and payment requests timely (within prescribed cut-off time) and accurately based on information provided by the business units.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Process invoices and payment requests timely (within prescribed cut-off time) and accurately based on information provided
- Process invoices and credit memos in SAP/JDE timely and accurately based on information provided by the business unit
- Respond and resolve inquiries and account reconciliation traces timely.
- Adjusts vendor accounts based on information provided, approved, and agreed upon threshold amount
- Initiates and implement process improvements to sustain/increase quality of work, realize efficiencies, and/or make the processes more effective.
- Other Admin and Ad-hoc Activities as may be assigned by the Team Leader.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance and related business courses
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, teamwork and customer engagement skills
- Must have the propensity to work in a proactive, results-oriented, and customer-focused environment
- Enjoys working with people of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Experience in SAP/ JDE is an advantage, but not required.
- Strong Accounts Payable background is preferred.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.