We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
- Under direct supervision, rigs-up and rigs-down surface and down hole well logging equipment, operates rig hoist and pressure control equipment on work locations for the purpose of recording information about sub-surface geologic formations.
- Rigs-up and rigs-down of surface and down-hole well logging equipment including electric, nuclear, sonic, other well logging tools, and pressure control equipment.
- Operates well logging equipment at job site.
- Operates pressure control equipment.
- Assembles down hole well logging tools (electric, nuclear, sonic, and other well logging tools).
- Maintains, cleans and performs preventative maintenance on down-hole and surface well logging equipment.
- Performs pre and post job vehicle and equipment inspections and associated paperwork and/or reports.
- Provides guidance and training to less experienced Service Operators and Operator Assistant staff.
- Job tasks, correctly performed, impact indirectly on cost containment, efficiency, profitability or operations.
- Consequences of error are easily measured and can be confined.
- Skills are typically acquired through successful completion of high school or similar education and 1 year of experience as a Service Operator-L&P, I.
- Licensure to drive commercial equipment may be required in certain locations.
- Successful completion of Well Control Accreditation Program may be required (optional).
- Successful completion of water survival training may be required.
- Given the nature of oil field service work, the ability to communicate effectively with others is necessary.
- The ability to perform basic mathematical calculations involving addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division is required.
- Basic reading comprehension and writing skills are required.
- Basic computer skills are required.
- Promotes safety awareness and environmental consciousness, and complies with all applicable safety and environmental procedures and regulations.
- Must be knowledgeable with HMS standards and guidelines for the PSL personnel.
- Ensures compliance with Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) regulations and guidelines.
- Promotes and takes an active part in quality improvement processes.
- Eligible to participate in the Halliburton Benefits Plan and the Halliburton Retirement and Savings (401K) Plan as of the first day of employment.
- Halliburton covers the first flight from the lower 48 to Anchorage, AK.
- 10% Alaska living allowance available to employee's whose primary residence is in Alaska.
- 5% Alaska living allowance available to employee's whose primary residence is outside of Alaska
- Lodging and meals provided during scheduled work rotation
- Position is eligible for a travel stipend of $700/month for employee’s whose primary residence is not in Alaska.
- Employee's residing outside of Alaska are responsible for coordinating their own travel to and from Anchorage, AK for their work rotation as well as their own transportation to and from the airport and the Halliburton facility in Anchorage.
- 2 weeks on 2 weeks off schedule *Halliburton reserves the right to adjust schedules based on industry needs.*
World Class Benefits:
- Medical, dental, vision, coverage in additional to life and disability insurance plans
- Paid Vacation Days, Paid Holidays and the ability to purchase additional days off
- Retirement and Savings (401K) Plan with matching contribution
- Family Care program including paid time off to care for sick or injured immediate family members, adoption reimbursement, paternal and maternal leave for baby bonding and more.
- Employee Job Referral Bonus Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Educational Assistance
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
Pouch 340026, Prudhoe Bay, Alaska, 99734, United States
Requisition Number: 181615
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Operations
Product Service Line: Wireline and Perforating
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.