Empowering The People Who Power The World
Looking to join the positive-minded workplace of an industry leader? Look no further than IFS, Energy and Resources (formerly P2 Energy Solutions). We are the world’s largest and most trusted partner in the oil and gas sector with over 90+ years of experience in data and 30+ years in software. More than 1,700 upstream oil and gas companies around the world rely on us to improve their business processes and augment their corporate performance.
As we continue to grow, IFS, Energy and Resources is recruiting people into a culture that allows employees to be their best selves at every stage in their career journey. We view diversity and inclusion objectives through the same lens as any critical business objective – and we place a high value on our working environment where all people feel respected and are treated fairly. Our inclusive culture is critical to our success in building a firm that hires, develops, and retains extraordinary people.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
The Release Train Engineer (RTE) is a servant leader and coach for the Agile Release Train (ART). The RTE’s major responsibilities are to facilitate the major events and processes and assist the teams in delivering value. RTEs communicate with stakeholders, escalate impediments, help manage risk, and drive relentless improvement.
High Level Expectations
- Facilitate Agile release train processes and execution.
- Escalate impediments, manage risk, help ensure value delivery, and help drive relentless improvement.
- Participate in the Lean-Agile transformation, coaching leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in the new processes and mindsets.
Help configure SAFe to the organization’s needs by standardizing and documenting practices.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage and optimize the flow of value through the ART using various tools, such as the Program Kanban’s and other information radiators.
- Establish and communicate the annual calendars for Iterations and Program Increments (PIs)
- Facilitate PI Planning readiness by fostering the preparation of Vision and Backlogs, and Pre- and Post-PI Planning meetings.
- Facilitate the PI planning event.
- Drive relentless improvement via Inspect and Adapt workshops; assess the agility level of the ART/solution train and help improve, including delivering SAFe training and refresher courses.
- Aggregate Team PI Objectives into Program PI Objectives (the RTE) and publish them for visibility and transparency.
- Assist with execution and Feature/Capability completion tracking.
- Facilitate periodic synchronization meetings, including the ART sync at the Program Level
- Run Scrum of Scrums
- Assist with economic decision-making by facilitating Feature and Capability estimation by teams and the roll-up to Epics, where necessary
- Coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in Lean-Agile practices and mindsets
- Help manage risks and dependencies.
- Escalate, track, and help resolve impediments.
- Provide input on resourcing to address critical bottlenecks.
- Encourage collaboration between teams and System Architects/Engineering
- Work with Product Management, Product Owners, and other stakeholders to help ensure strategy and execution alignment.
- Improve the flow of value through value streams using the Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps
- Help drive the Lean User Experience (UX) innovation cycle.
- Report status to Lean Portfolio Management (LPM) and support related activities.
- Facilitate System Demos
- Drive relentless improvement via Inspect and Adapt workshops; assess the agility level of the ART/solution train and help improve the flow of value.
- Foster Communities of Practice and the use of engineering and Built-in Quality practices
- Release status reporting
- Deployment/distribution plan
- Coordination of internal and external communication plans
- Quality and compliance validation plan
- Continuous improvement procedures
- Coordinate cross product release plans.
- Final release and authorization procedures
- Coordinate/govern build and deployment of releases.
- Governance of release procedures
- Minimum of 10 years of Software Development experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing development teams
- Experience leading Agile Development practices.
- Experience mapping business needs to solutions
- Strong ability analyzing deliverables against business objectives and providing risk-based analysis and recommendations.
- Strong understanding of software architecture and languages used to develop software products.
- Strong understanding of the SDLC, and the tools and techniques used for software product development.
- Very comfortable with public speaking and working with groups of people.
- Ability to understand, define and clearly communicate SAFe and our implementation of this methodology.
- Certification as a Release Train Engineer or SAFe Program Consultant preferred.
Belief In The P2 Way
Our core values:
People, performance, and potential; these are the glue that binds our people and makes our company unique. Our people are our competitive advantage. These principles inform and guide everyone's actions to provide great moments of service:
Agile: We go the extra mile for our customers, our partners, and each other. We stay nimble and keep things simple.
Collaborative: We share information openly and proactively. We foster long term relationships. We partner to create a sustainable and better world.
Trustworthy: We honor our promises. We act with integrity. We take responsibility and ownership. We do the right thing - always!
IFS, Energy and Resources retains multiple office locations globally. We offer a casual work environment, comprehensive benefits plan, generous PTO, and a competitive compensation package. We’re proud of our positive and inclusive culture designed around the philosophies of mutual respect, hard work, and a commitment to excellence. IFS, Energy and Resources is dedicated to individual and corporate growth opportunities.
We foster a creative environment that promotes engagement through awareness and training, helps managers address and encourage conscious inclusion, and breaks down stereotypes and perceived barriers to advancement opportunities for all underrepresented groups. IFS, Energy and Resources supports pay and promotion equity; maintains inclusive benefit programs for all family structures, gender/gender identity and expression, sex, sexual orientation, religion, race, origin, age, or disability; and promotes a working environment that seeks balance in life through commitments to family, community service, and outside interests.
We participate in the E-Verify program, a service of DHS and SSA, and IFS, Energy and Resources is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.