Requisition ID: 76903
NextEra Energy Resources is the world's largest generator of renewable energy from the wind and sun, and a world leader in battery storage. We provide energy-related products and services that grow our economy, protect the environment, support our communities and help customers meet their energy needs. We are leading the decarbonization of the U.S. economy with our goal to reach Real Zero carbon emissions from our operations by 2045 while improving customer affordability and reliability. Are you interested in creating a cleaner environment for future generations? Join our world-class, innovative team today.
Position Specific Description
In this role you will directly contribute to aggressively growing our hydrogen, ammonia and synfuel businesses. You will lead projects into construction by working with cross functional teams throughout the NextEra Energy organization, including: project developers, the project valuation group, marketing and communications, procurement agents, lawyers, the environmental services team and the project execution group. You will be working with the Engineering and Construction (E&C) Department’s leadership team, contributing directly to NextEra Energy’s bottom line. As the E&C project leader you will also be responsible for reporting project status and milestones to leadership and providing your input and expertise to various subject matter experts (SME’s). You will have the opportunity to apply your management skills to a host of new and existing projects. We truly have the best project delivery team in the business and are looking for hard working and intelligent leaders with grit and drive to join our expanding team.
This position is responsible for the overall management of assigned organization and projects, to ensure compliance within required budgetary, scheduling, and safety goals. Employees in this role coordinate and manage construction work performed by contractors and/or vendors at the project site or pre-construction efforts at the home office. The successful candidate manages the engineering, procurement and construction oversight-activities necessary to develop, license/permit, erect, start-up, and commence commercial operations.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Works collaboratively with resources in various disciplines to determine project priorities and work plans
- Meets corporate objectives with limited project management, scheduling and estimating resource
- Manages department resources to provide effective early-stage project development support
- Ensures projects are efficiently, effectively and safely implemented in accordance with department procedures and policies
- Verifies constructability, ensures proper resource allocations, assesses field status and resolves issues as needed
- Leads project meetings and reviews budget, risk tracker, and contingency allocations
- Interfaces with project's designated management committees, or acts as Executive Director of project activities
- Supervises activities and/or coordinates activities or groups, such as safety programs, engineering, construction, budget, and analysis and contract administration
- Oversees commissioning activities to meet corporate objectives, with limited project management, scheduling and estimating resources
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 8+ years
- Supervisory/Management experience: 4+ years
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Maintenance/Construction
Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy and provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.