ConocoPhillips is a leading oil and gas company which is hiring a Willow Facilities Construction Supervisor for contract positions. The Willow Facilities Construction Supervisor is responsible for the safe and successful delivery of the Willow Facility Program.
Located on Alaska’s North Slope in the National Petroleum Reserve (NPR-A), the Willow project is estimated to produce 180,000 barrels of oil per day at its peak.
The economic impact of the Willow project will be sizable. According to the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) estimates, Willow could generate between $8 billion and $17 billion in new revenue for the federal government, the state of Alaska, the North Slope Borough, and local communities. The initial phase of Willow development will include a new Willow Central Processing Facility (WCF), three drill sites, pipelines, roads, bridges and supporting infrastructure.
The Willow project is spread over several phases and areas.
2023 – 2025 - Detailed Design
2023 – 2024 - WOC Fabrication
2025 – 2027 - WOC North Slope Installation and Commissioning
2025 – 2027 - WCF / DS Sealift Module Fabrication
2027 – 2029 – WCF / DS North Slope Installation and Commissioning
Willow will be a greenfield design including all processing facilities, utilities, drilling equipment, camp, and power generation.
- Prepare the Construction Readiness checklist for each construction year campaign.
- Review construction permits and stipulations, engineering drawings, identify execution constraints, hazards, and finalize the field construction plan for each year’s work scope.
- Participate in the constructability process and provide feedback to the Willow Facility Planner and Willow Field Facility Planner roles.
- Provide input to the construction support strategies and processes (camps, aviation, ground transportation, construction equipment, fuel forecast, material delivery, and laydown requirements).
- Actively promote Company knowledge sharing; apply best practices, synergies, and lessons learned from other projects and operations.
- Develop Company deliverables required in the Construction Readiness process.
- Lead the construction readiness process, weekly Company and Contractor planning meetings, ensure Company and Contractor deliverables are reviewed and approved by the accountable function, ensure meeting minutes are being taken, distributed and maintained, and review the readiness checklist and receive approval from the Field Superintendent that all action items are satisfactorily addressed before approving Contractor mobilization.
- Ensure a smooth transition of the Construction Plan to the field.
- Provide oversight and supervise all assigned construction resources to ensure key project milestones are achieved and all company execution standards are met for scope, cost, quality, and HSE.
- Monitor Contractor performance of work through the Construction Key Performance Indicator Reports.
- Direct the Contractor in the areas of performance and performance improvement opportunities.
- Ensure periodic Progress/Performance Review meetings occur with Contractors, Construction Leadership and Project Management Teams.
- Interface with and provide oversight of construction contractor field leadership.
- Manage interfaces between field construction contractors.
- Manage day-to-day activities for all construction contracts to deliver requirements of contracts.
- Coordinate overall project execution including SIMOP’s activities with Drilling, Completions and Operations.
- Ensure implementation of the agreed upon execution strategy with respect to key priorities and milestones.
- Proactively lead HSE performance by communicating, fostering, supporting, and enforcing HSE policies, procedures, guidelines, requirements, and objectives.
- Perform jobsite walk-downs, review contractor THA/JHA, provide recognition for safe work execution and task planning.
- Participate in onsite Contractor toolbox and safety meetings, reinforce COPA safety processes.
- Enforce adherence to permit stipulations issued by regulatory agencies.
- Facilitate weekly Predictive Indicator meetings with the goal of improving Contractor safe work behaviors through analysis of proactive measures performed by the Contractor.
- Facilitate safety engagement meetings with Company and Contractor field leadership teams.
- Participate in the COPA adopted Behavior Based Safety (BBS) observation system.
- Implement and support the COPA Incident Free Culture (IFC) program with contractors through participation in IFC workshops, field engagements, and IFC instruction/training.
Required Skills & Experience
- Proven ability to lead and deliver large construction projects safely and successfully.
- Proven ability to manage interfaces involving multiple field construction contractors.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States.
- 10+ years of construction
- 7+ years of construction supervision/construction management.
- Ability to work on the North Slope on a rotation schedule upon mobilization to site 1Q25.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering, Construction, or relevant field experience
- Previous experience with ConocoPhillips Capital Projects Management System (CPMS)
- 5+ years of construction in Arctic conditions
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated performance as part of a team working large project and interfacing with project leadership.
- Strong multi-tasking skills with ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with other disciplines and across organizational boundaries.
- Listens actively and invites dialogue for shared understanding, then influences and acts to drive performance and achieve results.
- Builds strong relationships based on trust and seeks collaboration across organizational boundaries to achieve goals.
- Drives thoughtful and pragmatic change, encourages innovative thinking and continuous improvement, and models adaptability through resourcefulness, flexibility, and positivity.
ConocoPhillips contract opportunities are for project-based or other short-term engagements that require specialized skills. Successful candidates for contract opportunities will not be considered employees of ConocoPhillips or any of its subsidiaries nor will candidates be eligible for employment benefits. Candidates looking for regular full-time employment opportunities should begin their search here: https://careers.conocophillips.com/