- World’s largest independent upstream oil and gas business
- SPIRIT values - Safety People Integrity Responsibility Innovation Teamwork
- Operations in 13 countries
Welcome to ConocoPhillips, where innovation and excellence create a platform for opportunity and growth. Come realize your full potential here.Who We Are
We are one of the world’s largest independent exploration and production companies, based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. With operations and activities in 13 countries, we explore for, develop, and produce crude oil and natural gas globally. We are challenged with an important job to safely find and deliver energy to the world. Our employees are critical to our success, and with them we power civilization.
We’re grounded by our SPIRIT Values – safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation, and teamwork. These values position us to deliver strong performance in a dynamic business – but not at all costs. We believe it’s not just what we do – it’s how we do it – that sets us apart.
We strive to make a significant difference in the communities where we live and operate. We create an inclusive environment that values all voices and opinions. Together, the different backgrounds, experiences, ideas, and perspectives of our employees drive our success.Job Summary
ConocoPhillips is Alaska’s largest crude oil producer and largest owner of exploration leases, with approximately 1.2 million net undeveloped acres at year-end 2022. The company produced an average of 200 thousand barrels of oil equivalent per day in 2022. ConocoPhillips has major ownership interests in two of North America’s largest legacy conventional oil fields, both located on Alaska’s North Slope: Kuparuk, which the company operates, and Prudhoe Bay. Additionally, ConocoPhillips operates several fields on the Western North Slope. The company has an ownership interest in the Trans-Alaska Pipeline System (TAPS) and owns/operates the Polar Tankers fleet.
The Greater Kuparuk Area, located approximately 40 miles west of Prudhoe Bay, encompasses the Kuparuk Field and four nearby satellite fields.
The Kuparuk Field is one of the largest onshore producing fields in the United States, with more than 500 active producing wells. Rotary-drilled wells and sidetracks from existing wellbores utilizing coiled-tubing drilling are the primary means for development drilling at Kuparuk. Field installations include three central production facilities that separate oil, natural gas, and water, as well as a seawater treatment plant.
In 2022, ConocoPhillips’ net crude oil production at Kuparuk averaged 47 MBOED.Description
The Automation Engineer will provide automation support for process control, safety, F&G and SCADA systems located in the operating facilities on the North Slope. Review control system design packages to support capital projects and O&M work. Develop control system logic for basic process control (BPCS), safety instrumented systems (SIS) to meet design requirements defined on the P&IDs and Cause & Effect matrices. Support control system related startup and commissioning activities as well as provide day to day system troubleshooting support.Job Description
Your responsibilities may include:
- Provide automation-related technical support to Operations and Maintenance
- Provide technical mentorship to designers and construction and FCO teams
- Review control system design packages to support capital projects and O&M work
- Develop, test and implement control and shutdown logic to comply with project P&IDs and shutdown matrices
- Participate in the development of start-up, operation, and maintenance philosophies. Assist in factory acceptance testing and field inspections and participates on the start-up team
- Provide day-to-day troubleshooting, maintenance, and improvement of existing control systems
- Support and work with SCADA team to address system requirements, database creation, graphics review, and FCO
- Support configuration and maintenance of DOT required leak detection systems
- Participate in P&ID and Cause & Effect drawing reviews. Ensure proposed project design will integrate with existing control system architecture and infrastructure
- Support creation and updating of Engineering criteria, specifications, guidelines, procedures and standard installation details
- Ensure Automation solutions comply with Corporate Standards like PCN Security, Alarm Management, and other relevant industry standards.
- Serve as Site Lead Automation Engineer (if designated)
- Develop and maintain documentation associated with control logic and software changes
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering or foreign equivalent
- 3+ years of relevant field experience in process automation and Industrial Control Systems (ICS)
- Intermediate level knowledge of Oil & Gas upstream operating facilities
- Willing and able (with or without reasonable accommodation) to work in a remote work location on a 2 weeks on/2 weeks off work schedule
- Professional Engineer License
- Basic level knowledge of CPAI criteria, specifications and other industry recognized standards including NEC/NFPA, API, and ANSI/ISA
- Basic level knowledge of DOT and ADEC regulations
- Basic level knowledge of common Industrial Control System Programming Languages
- Basic level knowledge of and ability to configure/program the following DCS, PLC, F&G and Safety systems: GE Mark VIe, ABB Infi90, Emerson DeltaV & ROC, Rockwell ControlLogix Family, Siemens Moore Quadlog/APACS, Siemens PCS7 Systems, Siemens TI505 and CTI2500
- Basic level knowledge of network equipment like Ethernet Switches, Firewalls, MW wireless Radio’s, & Fiber Optic Systems
- Basic level knowledge of Process Instrumentation (Flow, Pressure, Level, Temperature), Control Valves, Variable Speed Drives, Online Analyzers, Wireless Instruments, etc.
- Basic level knowledge of design and maintain industrial data communication networks including Profibus, Foundation Fieldbus, Modbus, Ethernet/ IP, and TCP/IP
- Invites dialogue to gain a shared understanding and influences with confidence to drive performance and achieve business results
- Builds strong relationships based on trust and seeks opportunities to collaborate across the matrix/organizational boundaries to achieve business goals
- Drives thoughtful and pragmatic change by encouraging innovative thinking and continuous improvement. Models adaptability by responding resourcefully, flexibly, and positively when faced with new challenges and demands
November 21, 2023Sponsorship:
ConocoPhillips’ sponsorship for employment authorization in the U.S. is NOT available for this position.EEO:
In the US, ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.