Total Number of Openings
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Senior Production Engineer, located in Centro Operacional Bare COB (Petropiar), El Tigre, Anzoátegui, Venezuela.
The Senior Production Engineer must execute activities related to the creation and monitoring of engineering databases and programming packages associated with the monitoring parameters of active, downed or communication failure wells, determining statistics based on their operational parameters and the analysis of failure history, with the purpose of issuing reports and statistics on a weekly or monthly basis, as well as alert matrices to generate the appropriate recommendations, guaranteeing the operability and optimization of the producing wells of the Huyapari field.Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Search for the most favorable condition, to produce the maximum amount of oil at the lowest possible cost based on the offer of the reservoir that allows obtaining the highest recovery factor.
- Optimize well performance, integrity and reliability with a focus on operating costs, system capacity and production efficiency, getting the most out of assets.
- Apply continuous improvement processes considering the entire production system, from the reservoir to the point of delivery.
- Create, manage and maintain databases of producing wells in the Huyapari field, for evaluation of operational parameters.
- Solve technical problems that appear in the project databases and integrations to SCADA databases together with the technical disciplines of automation, computing and telecommunications.
- Give support to engineering disciplines in the management, use and installation of well automation tools, for the correct development of their activities.
- Perform other activities related to your profile when assigned by the Optimization manager.
- Identify digital opportunities or adoption of digital corporate initiatives for the Optimization Engineering area.
- Drive digital, analytical and workflow solutions to improve data quality within Optimization Engineering and process related disciplines.
- Comply with the optimization activities according to the current regulations of the SIHO-A, preservation of the facilities and the environment, and the information assets of the Production Optimization process.
- Petroleum, Chemical or Mechanical Engineer with high knowledge in computer science and programming.
- More than 10 years of experience in similar positions in production engineering and optimization of extra-heavy crude oil wells.
- Knowledge in information technology, management and data management.
- Verifiable experience in Microsoft Access, Visual Basic, SQL, Oracle.
- Knowledge of business intelligence, Big Data and Database and mastery of operational, security and administrative standards and procedures.
- Ease of communication and interpersonal relationship skills, Adaptability, Teamwork, Proactive and Self-taught.
- Knowledge on handling PC-Pump and CFER.
- Power BI.
International assignments will not be considered.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.