Do you enjoy working with mechanical equipment?
Do you like working in collaborative teams and solving technical problems?
Join our Industrial and Energy Technology team
As an Industrial and Energy Technology business, Reuter-Stokes provides intelligent, connected hardware technologies to sense, control, and inspect assets across many industries. Customers are provided with the peace of mind needed to reliably and efficiently improve operations. Our team has a collaborative sales mindset, and a technical understanding of our products, providing highly customizable solutions.Partner with the best
As a Mechanical Engineer, you will take the technical lead on projects, and guide our early career engineers. You will present to senior leaders and cross-functional teams how technologies interconnect and contribute to the overall strategy.Essential Responsibilities
In the role of Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Working with the Mechanical Engineering Team to develop products for all product lines. The team's primary goal is to develop detailed mechanical components and system designs to meet new product specifications.
- Developing detailed mechanical components and system designs to meet new product specifications.
- Ensuring mechanical component and system designs have the appropriate analytical capability, empirical design, testing, and production-level verification.
- Ensuring that proper DFSS and DFM rigor has been applied throughout the design process.
- Coordinating multiple project tasks with the product Engineering Team Lead.
- Working directly with the respective Product Line Leader, and Quality and Manufacturing Teams to ensure products meet internal requirements, start to finish, and provide for continued growth of the product line.
- Foster a creative environment allowing for new ideas while embracing speed and excellence.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Have 7+ years of work experience in Mechanical Engineering
Work in a way that works for you
- Have experience with a CAD package (SolidWorks preferred)
- Have experience with Finite Element Modeling and Analysis of static, dynamic, pressure, seismic, direct mechanical loads and thermal changes (Ansys preferred)
- Have the desire to advance team capabilities using new methods, materials, technologies, and software tools
- Have hands-on failure analysis and root cause analysis.
- Have experience with vibration analysis and empirical testing
- Have experience with mechanical design at elevated temperatures
- Have a background in heat transfer design experience
- Have familiarity with SAP or similar ERP system
- Results-oriented self-starter with a track record of delivering results
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills at all organizational levels
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Education Assistance
- Generous Parental Leave
- Mental Health resources
- Dependent Care
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
We are an energy technology company that provides solutions to energy and industrial customers worldwide. Built on a century of experience and conducting business in over 120 countries, our innovative technologies and services are taking energy forward – making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.R102514