NOV is actively recruiting a Senior HR Technology Analyst - Payroll
in Houston, TX. This position is responsible for supporting and monitoring Oracle Cloud Payroll (US and Canada) , executing new payroll projects and providing assistance to payroll teams.. This position will act as the subject matter expert for Oracle Payroll Cloud and application functionality, design, training, and documentation.Job Responsibilities
- Support and monitor Oracle Cloud Payroll (US and Canada)
- Responsible for trouble-shooting ongoing payroll issues, researching and resolving sytem issues, unexpected results, and process issues.
- Maintain end-to-end understanding of functional aspects of the payroll application and associated business processes
- Complete high-level design and associated schedule estimates for new payroll projects
- Provide functional and/or technical direction/assistance to payroll team and HRT team members
- Work with developers on new reports/integrations and functional spec design from initiation through close
- Perform payroll elements setup including taxability rules, costing/accounting configuration supporting end to end payroll processing
- Troubleshoot & Develop Payroll Fast formula, HCM Extracts for Payroll Balance Reporting
- Develop Ad Hoc SQL based Payroll BI Reports based on Prod support needs
- Investigate and diagnose service requests or incidents according to their priority/rank, and identify the resolution and/or issue
- Define potential improvement changes to resolve errors, prevent the recurrence of problems or improve system maintainability and stability for assigned applications
- Manage and participate in quarterly upgrade testing with HRT and functional payroll teams
- Assist payroll team with year-end technical support
- Work with diverse internal customers globally across different time zones to identify ways to enhance, streamline, and improve system adoption to ensure high customer satisfaction.
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Hybrid Work Schedule
Preferred method of application and to view all opportunities visit:
- Bachelor’s Degree required or equivalent combination of training, education and relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Strong knowledge of Oracle HCM Payroll is a must with expereince in US and Canada legislations
- Knowledge of payroll year end processes is a must
- Demonstrated experience in supporting day to day payroll operations on Oracle HCM
- Systems implementation skills: requirements/process analysis, conceptual and detailed design, configuration, testing and deployment.
- Strong Microsoft Power Point, Word and Excel skills
- Must have the ability to handle and maintain confidential and sensitive information
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Project management experience is a plus.
https://www.nov.com/CareersNOV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination or Harassment of Any Kind:
NOV is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunities for everyone and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. NOV values inclusion and diversity; we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
We thank all interested applicants, however only those selected for interview will be contacted.About Us
Every day, the oil and gas industry’s best minds put more than 150 years of experience to work to help our customers achieve lasting success.We Power the Industry that Powers the World
Throughout every region in the world and across every area of drilling and production, our family of companies has provided the technical expertise, advanced equipment, and operational support necessary for success—now and in the future.Global Family
We are a global family of thousands of individuals, working as one team to create a lasting impact for ourselves, our customers, and the communities where we live and work.Purposeful Innovation
Through purposeful business innovation, product creation, and service delivery, we are driven to power the industry that powers the world better.Service Above All
This drives us to anticipate our customers’ needs and work with them to deliver the finest products and services on time and on budget.Organization
Our family of companies is supported by our global Corporate teams, providing expert knowledge from functions including Human Resources, Information Technology, Compliance, Finance, QHSE, Marketing and Legal centers of expertise. We are structured to provide guidance and service above all to all our business operations.