The Turnaround (TAR) Operations Squad Lead is a member of the bp Solutions TAR Operations team deployed to the Whiting Refinery. The TAR Operations Squad Lead manages the delivery of FEL (Front End Loading) deliverables and Operations readiness as part of the sites TAR Unit.
The role facilitates communication between Asset Operations, TAR Planning, Operations Management, and Engineering to find and resolve conflicts with the schedule and work plan, inventory constraints, and TAR scope. In all cases, the TAR Operations Squad Lead should keep a cheerful and collaborative attitude while supporting the six Turnaround Department basic goals:
• Safely develop and execute turnarounds.
• Integrate and align all TAR stakeholders across the site.
• Deliver quality events on schedule and on budget.
• Develop and supply consistent, balanced training to achieve TAR goals.
• Transfer information and knowledge through historical documentation and recordkeeping.
• Drive continuous improvement and optimization of TAR Ops activities.
• Document lessons learned, record KPIs and other data to analysis TAR Operations performance.
- Leading the TAR Ops squad in delivery of quality TAR Readiness deliverables in compliance with TAR Operations Standards and the Turnaround Common Process:
- Aid in scope reviews and optimization.
- Conduct Operations Planning Workshop with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Share, develop and implement TAR Operations best practices with the bp Solutions TAR Operations Team.
- Identity, track and benchmark TAR Ops key performance indicators and industry benchmarks.
- Build a shutdown and start-up schedule which is integrated into the overall event schedule and competitive with benchmarks.
- Shutdown Strategy: includes procedure review and optimization, staffing plans, along with the integration of other affected processes/systems (including utilities).
- Identify required procedures, practices, policies and plans to develop or update, including MOC.
- Complete Production Plan (Production team input), TAR Production volumetric plan, SD/SU sequence & schedule
- Define and communicate event specific Cow Strategy
- Isolation Strategy: completion of the unit isolation plans coordinated with operations, inspection, projects, and contractors.
- Equipment Preparation: coordination and optimization of equipment preparation and cleaning plans with process engineering, inspection, maintenance, and operations
- Define Leak Testing Strategy.
- Startup Strategy: includes line walking, PSSR, operations QA/QC execution, SUAR, procedure review and optimization, staffing plans, along with the integration other effected processes/systems (including utilities).
- Lead Operations section of PEER review 3.
- Ensure opportunities and lessons learned are captured and actioned to improve future TAR performance.
- The TAR Operations Squad lead is expected support that asset Operations team in the TAR execute phase.
Essential and Education Experience:
- Minimum 5 years in Operations with direct TAR Ops support preferred but not essential.
- Preferred candidates are Shift Supervisors, Production Engineers or Process Engineers.
- Operations, Production Engineering, or Process Engineering
- Must be able to coach, mentor, develop, and cultivate effective relationships throughout the organization.
- Working knowledge of site operating practices, policies and procedures associated with TAR preparations.
- Able to perform multiple tasks in parallel while leading shifting priorities.
- Must be able to understand business issues and direct favorable outcomes.
- Ability to energize others, ability to act critically and deliver results.
- Strong digital literacy to include spreadsheets, databases, word processing, scheduling, and TAR planning tools.
Why Join Us:
At bp, we support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
There are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, and excellent retirement benefits, among others!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.