At ExxonMobil, our vision is to lead in energy innovations that advance modern living and a net-zero future. As one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy and chemical companies, we are powered by a unique and diverse workforce fueled by the pride in what we do and what we stand for.
The success of our Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses is the result of the talent, curiosity and drive of our people. They bring solutions every day to optimize our strategy in energy, chemicals, lubricants and lower-emissions technologies.
We invite you to bring your ideas to ExxonMobil to help create sustainable solutions that improve quality of life and meet society’s evolving needs. Learn more about our What and our Why and how we canwork together.
ExxonMobil’s affiliates in India
ExxonMobil’s affiliates have offices in India in Bengaluru, Mumbai and the National Capital Region.
ExxonMobil’s affiliates in India supporting the Product Solutions business engage in the marketing, sales and distribution of performance as well as specialty products across chemicals and lubricants businesses. The India planning teams are also embedded with global business units for business planning and analytics.
ExxonMobil’s LNG affiliate in India supporting the upstream business provides consultant services for other ExxonMobil upstream affiliates and conducts LNG market-development activities.
The Global Business Center - Technology Center provides a range of technical and business support services for ExxonMobil’s operations around the globe.
ExxonMobil strives to make a positive contribution to the communities where we operate and its affiliates support a range of education, health and community-building programs in India. Read more about our Corporate Responsibility Framework.
To know more about ExxonMobil in India, visit ExxonMobil India and the Energy Factor India.
What role you will play in our team
- Provide technical guidance for heat exchanger design, operation, and troubleshooting across the global fleet for ExxonMobil Refining, Chemicals and Upstream businesses with application of conventional and advanced heat exchanger technology.
- Provide technical guidance for optimization, monitoring and reliability improvements across the global heat exchanger fleet.
- Support heat exchanger selection and design for global ExxonMobil Capital Projects
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
What you will do
- Manufacturing site troubleshooting and turnaround support with regards to heat exchangers
- Select, design, and evaluate heat exchangers for common processes.
- Gain familiarity with ExxonMobil and third-party Heat Exchanger tools.
- Evaluate and mitigate heat exchanger flow-induced vibration potential.
- Perform quality control of heat exchanger design for global ExxonMobil Capital Projects
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Engineering degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering and score of 60% and above (equivalent CGPA)
- Proficiency in using HTRI software is required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Heat Exchanger Process Specialist (thermal/hydraulic)
- Strong analytical/technical skills in design, monitoring and troubleshooting of various heat exchangers; shell & tubes, air fin coolers, plate and frame etc.
- Deep understanding in operations of thermosiphon reboiler, kettle, condensers.
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills used in the development of standards and reports.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience supporting one or more of: Refining, Petrochemical, Upstream facilities.
- Working knowledge of a wide variety of heat exchanger types and their applications (e.g., shell and tube, finfan, plate type, BAHX, etc.)
- Willingness to work across time zones to support global business.
Preferred Qualifications/ Experience
- Willing to mentor others.
- A working knowledge of MS Excel, Aveva PROII, Aspen HYSYS, PVElite, JMP, SEEQ, E2G SagePlus are preferred.
- Willing and able to accept domestic and international travel.
- Strong process and mechanical background
- Has field experience in manufacturing sites.
An ExxonMobil career is one designed to last. Our commitment to you runs deep: our employees grow personally and professionally, with benefits built on our core categories of health, security, finance and life. We offer you:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical plans, maternity leave and benefits, life, accidental death and dismemberment benefits
- Retirement benefits
- Global networking & cross-functional opportunities
- Annual vacations & holidays
- Day care assistance program
- Training and development program
- Tuition assistance program
- Workplace flexibility policy
- Relocation program
- Transportation facility
Please note benefits may change from time to time without notice, subject to applicable laws. The benefits programs are based on the Company’s eligibility guidelines.
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or disability status.
Business solicitation and recruiting scams
ExxonMobil does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an advance fee of any kind (e.g., placement fees, immigration processing fees, etc.). Follow the LINK to understand more about recruitment scams in the name of ExxonMobil.
Nothing herein is intended to override the corporate separateness of local entities. Working relationships discussed herein do not necessarily represent a reporting connection, but may reflect a functional guidance, stewardship, or service relationship.
Exxon Mobil Corporation has numerous affiliates, many with names that include ExxonMobil, Exxon, Esso and Mobil. For convenience and simplicity, those terms and terms like corporation, company, our, we and its are sometimes used as abbreviated references to specific affiliates or affiliate groups. Abbreviated references describing global or regional operational organizations and global or regional business lines are also sometimes used for convenience and simplicity. Similarly, ExxonMobil has business relationships with thousands of customers, suppliers, governments, and others. For convenience and simplicity, words like venture, joint venture, partnership, co-venturer, and partner are used to indicate business relationships involving common activities and interests, and those words may not indicate precise legal relationships.